chub?

***Simon***

Yer but,no but yer but,shut up!

Simon or should I call you Vicky?

You made a mistake,the guys here did leap on you a bit but theres no need to cop the arse!

Im more worried that youve made 206 posts and didnt know this information and even more worried that no one actually challenged you whilst fishing.Most of the Canterbury Weirpools I know are far from secluded!

Despite agreeing that ignorance is no excuse it does rather begger belief that the "basic" rules such as the closed season arnt printed on Rod licences. They used to be along with size limits,catch limits,keep net size restrictions etc etc.Would it hurt? or cost to much? better off scrapping that complete waste of time and money "news letter" type magazine and sending a copy of the rules instead to all licence purchasers.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, why not cut this lad some slack? For once it looks like a genuine mistake. Oh, and by the way, Simon, welcome to Angler's Net! :)

Because he's not new, as has been mentioned he's been an AN member long enough to make over 200 posts!

And secondly if it's a genuine mistake why resort to profanity and personal abuse when simply saying "oops I cocked up" would resolve the whole issue!

And thirdly I'm having a really bad day at work, still here and dealing with stupid people at nearly 10pm so I might be a bit grumpier than normal right now! :(

Mat

Mat

thanks for the support steve but i may have been a bit hasty, i think i was using about 6lb line and a size 12 hook. ill get more lighter gear on friday when i start off my freshwater career :)

(Mat feel free to ignore me, therefore you wont need to visit this topic again)

always look on the bright side of life

only ever posted in the sea fishing forum apart from when i wanted to try for pike which i never got round to. i would happily have stopped fishing if people had approached me about the rules on the river bank

always look on the bright side of life

I hadn't spotted that Simon wasn't a new poster. On the other hand if you check his profile you'll see most of his postings are on the Sea Fishing Forum, and of course he doesn't need a license for this sort of fishing.

Shall we give him the benefit of the doubt, accept his apology, and start again?

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Simon - please also bear in mind that half the people on this coarse forum have been counting down the long days till the close season finishes and they can get back on the rivers at last :sun:

And, with respect, it's nobodys business to tell you what the law is. If I decided to drive along some forest tracks it would be my business to find out whether I need tax,mot,insurance,permission or whatever.

But please stick around. I'm sure these nice folks will answer all your questions, but not until they've all caught up with your, er, "flying start" ;)

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Yer but,no but yer but,shut up!

Despite agreeing that ignorance is no excuse it does rather begger belief that the "basic" rules such as the closed season arnt printed on Rod licences. They used to be along with size limits,catch limits,keep net size restrictions etc etc.Would it hurt? or cost to much? better off scrapping that complete waste of time and money "news letter" type magazine and sending a copy of the rules instead to all licence purchasers.

I agree. After all there are notices telling where parking is or isn't allowed. Of course in the old days when you could buy your licence from the tackle shop you may well have been told this.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

i think its a disgrace that someone can fish for so long and not be told of the byelaws. in all fairness its not his fault, if youve never heard of the close season before then your not going to know when it is.

i think its a disgrace that someone can fish for so long and not be told of the byelaws. in all fairness its not his fault, if youve never heard of the close season before then your not going to know when it is.

Maybe not, but the original poster was also fishing without a rod licence, and rod licences are a topic that comes up quite regulalrly on the sea forum (I lurk there sometimes while bored at work), in fact a quick search shows that ***simon*** has posted in at least one thread there where the coarse licence was discussed.

Mat

Mat

Everyone:

I'm not sure if this guy knew whether he needed a licence or not but surely it is pointless aregueing about now especially as he says he's buying one this week!

As an aside so long as you can fish happily enough and never ever get you licence checked people will always dodge the system. I've been fishing about 16 years and had my licence checked twice.

Take a trip round a busy carp fishery and i reckon you'll find at least 10% don't have a licence or only have one licence when fishing with three rods.

Until the EA start to trying harder to catch licence dodgers they will never go away, a £2000 fine or two would help pay for lots of signs and baliffs. I'm also of the opinion that fisheries should make an extra effort to ensure all anglers have licences, indeed I'd go as far as to say that those who allow anglers (not poachers) to fish without a licence should also get a heavy fine.

***Simon***, do get a licence it is worth it! If you want any more info on any aspect of freshwater fishing post again or send me a private message or email I'd be happy to help!

Rich