River Carp are more of an achievement?

I used to live 'just a stones throw from tower bridge'. The Circle in Queen Elizabeth St to be precise.

And now I get your point. Horses for courses, eh?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davy - it does not appear to be the same person. Completely different ISP, name, etc.

I can do that stunt easy Newt. I just need to VPN into my buddies network, run up an RDC session with one of his Windows machines logon, run up Firefox, et voila, there is Corydoras with a totally different IP, ISP etc. Childs play, and free.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

One ISP was in co.jp (Japan) and the other was co.uk so I still think odds are good they weren't the same. Email addys (now that we block the 'free' web based ones) were also very different.

Not absolutely certain but as I said, apparently different folks.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

One ISP was in co.jp (Japan) and the other was co.uk so I still think odds are good they weren't the same. Email addys (now that we block the 'free' web based ones) were also very different.

Not absolutely certain but as I said, apparently different folks.

I guess that makes them quite diffent then.

Regards

Corydoras

I too agree with Julian.Anderoo's coment about river carp in fact being easier also has a lot of truth to it!

As they dont get caught/fished for much the only hard part is sometimes location.Thats a lot down to the fact that due to the far lower stocking levels you need to find them!

That said the river carp I used to fish for regularly on opening day (since the old closed season was abolished any way)were easy all round! No location skills necessary as they would be in the same place every opening day.........the place I had spent the run up to the 16th baiting up! A piece of the proverbial pi$$ with a closed season to help you!

Easy/hard is determined by a lot more factors than if the water moves or not! Sugesting other wise is just another case of the daft elitism we have seen in recent years regarding river fishing..........even dafter as even Im old enough to remember when it was the other way round.

I wont go into the modern carp scene as Ive often voiced my opinions but as others have said its a matter of personal choice.Ive chose to avoid it but wont ever try to make out my "older aproach" is anymore meritous its just what I choose.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

woot first post :)

yeah so the other day i was walking through the woods cuz i got sick of the boring old same fishing hole in my town. and after listening to my dad's stories about all the places he used to fish and the huge fish he'd catch when he was young (obviously i figured he was lieing) but anyways i went for a little search and found a small river (if it does qualify as that... lol it was about 5 ft maximum wide) and as i walked up the banking i noticed fins coming out of the water. so i approached them and as soon as i did the water exploded with splashes and i almost fell over. i never got a good look at them so i tossed in a brown plastic worm, thinking they were trout cuz the river looked like prime trout territory. i pulled out a 15'' smallmouth on my first cast but i knew those werent basss when i first arrived so i tossed the worm out again and all of sudden something takes my hook and drags the thing across the 5 ft river in like 1 second flat and snaps my line, i know this was a fish. cuz when i went up river more i could see the brown shadows of fish in the water and they were huge, im guessing the were carp cuz of how fat they were and by the dorsal fin i saw in the shallow water. anyone know if this is spawning season for carp? and what bait i should use. ive never caught a carp but do they have sharp teeth?

im going back to that spot in about 30 minutes to try again

i am getting the river carp buzz,

i lost a good 20 whie stalking last weekend,ended up spotting 5 good carp one very close to 30 i rekon,hopefully they will be patrolling when i return this weekend...ambush!

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

ive never caught a carp but do they have sharp teeth?

im going back to that spot in about 30 minutes to try again

Nope. No teeth. They are basically a bottom feeding sucker fish so whiskers similar to a catfish and a sucking mouth a little like a sturgeon.

If you live far enough north for smallies then the carp may still be spawning and are tough to catch when they are doing that although you will certainly see lots of them.

And welcome to AnglersNet.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President