First Fish of the New Season

BoozleBear

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nearly!

i stalked 3 carp on the river yesterday yesterday,one ghostie around 15+, and two large commons,using float and corn i missed a take from the ghostie,10-20 minutes later i set a hook into the bigger of teh two commons i got a good look before we departed :wallbash: a good 20 no doubt....arrggh!!! bugger!! hooklink went.....

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

Still not been but took a look at the Rother after a tides mullet fishing and will give it a go in the week.Hopefully the free stretch will be empty by then as it was rammed at the week end.More tents and beer cans than Glastonbury!

Oh forgot to mention,Ive got to go to Maidstone Thursday morning so plan to have half day on the Medway.Bottom of Monktons Lane should be nice and shady.

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I had a red letter day on my local river. 12 Chub to 5lb 2oz my pb for this river. 11 caught on floating bread and one on meat. I got 8 Chub from one swim when a Pike grabbed my 9th and the swim went dead. Going bak for the pike on Monday.

post-6109-1150643610_thumb.jpgpost-6109-1150643674_thumb.jpg

Edited by tradman

What a day! :)

I arrived at my lake at 4.15am and baited up my margin swim. I had the rods in position for sunrise and sat back to watch the mist rise off the water and the carp crash out in the middle. A couple of tench rolled in my swim and it was looking good. My float didn't move all morning but at about 6am my right-hand rod - method feeder and mini boilies - tore off and I landed my first tench of the year, of about 4 1/2lb. I then missed a couple of runs (how?! :o ), and connected with my second tench, a really deep, broad fish of just over 6lb but completely spawned out. A week ago she would have been a goodun!

As soon as the sun got up the swim died and the carp started cruising around, so I had a go at tempting one off the surface. All I managed to do was to fill my swim with ducks, coots, moorhens, swans, and seagulls, so I packed up and moved over to a neighbouring lake to try to get a tench on the float. There was a nice overhanging tree and lilly patch to my right so I scattered some hemp and dropped a lump of luncheon meat on a light lead round the corner and settled down to watch my float. The leger rod zipped off straight away and I played a carp of about 10lb for a while before it weeded me and threw the hook. Next cast the same thing happened (I'm obviously more rusty than I thought :lol: ).

Then the most magical thing happened. The float rose up, and slid away; I struck and played a middle-sized fish for a couple of minutes, but when it rose up to the surface I saw it was a HUGE ROACH... I gingerly netted it and couldn't believe what I saw. I've only caught one 2lb roach before, about 15 years ago, and I never really expected to catch another. This one was scale perfect and in mint condition and weighed a touch over 2lb. Amazing! A 2lb roach on the 16th June. :D:D

I had another tench of about 5lb on the leger rod, then packed up and went to a local stream for some chub stalking. I spotted a few sunbathing near the snags and trees and managed to freeline a lump of meat to one without it spotting me, and watched it suck in the bait in the clear water. It was only about 3lb but a nice way to start the river season. I had a few other chances but getting close enough through the overgrown banks without being spotted was near impossible.

But that's what fishing's all about, isn't it?

:thumbs:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Couldn't get away Friday so on Saturday I was a guest at a small lake near High Wycombe Saturday. Started early, for me anyway, 7:00. Got straight into the carp, not big, but the lake isn't stocked with much over 10 lb. Highlight of the day 2, 5lb plus tench both caught on prawn with a ledger.

Oddity of the day, loads of small roach caught on meat but no perch on either meat or prawn.

Total catch would have exceded 50lb so I was happy

ricey its not my chub mate its steves!

go on anderoo,2lb redfin....

Thanks mate :) That'll keep me smiling this season.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music