Mackerel bashing

Zigs

Hi Ziggy,

thanks for the info, sounds straightforward enough,

I've read all the advice about touching them, very scientific.

I thought about spinning, we've spun for sewin (spelling) in Wales and spent most of the time retrieving the spinners, so I think feathers will be best bet.

Thanks again B)

no worries, probably best to stick to 3 hook feathers, 6 hook ones can get in a bit of a tangle if you get a full load.

try smoking some of your catch, delicious.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourite way of catching mackeral is on the float, fishing very light these fish are true sports fish and very under rated by most RSAs.

Even when catching for bait we should impose a strict levels on the quantity taken and avoid the just one more syndrome.

Caught one at a time they are very easily released without damage from handling.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• 1 month later...

ok guys, think we have sorted this out for ourselves. and a big thanks to the mods for letting this be at the top for the summer.

i know many of you have spread the word as it is now coming back to me from fellow anglers, which is fantastic news.

well done everybody :clap2::clap2::clap2:

just think how many mackerell fish you have been PERSONALLY instrumental in saving.

one day this will pay off.

picture catching the british shore caught record mackerell 7lb 2oz

lets hope it will happen again

tight lines

ok mods, drop the thread off

cheers

zigger :)

• 1 month later...
Those links you keep posting John dont seem to work. Is it a prob with fish update site ?

Works fine...

FISHERMEN have won a significant increase in the total allowable catch for mackerel for 2007, it emerged today.

Scottish Fisheries Minister Ross Finnie said an agreement reached in Edinburgh late last night has secured an increase of over 13 per cent in mackerel quotas for next year.

etc..........

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE