Braid. Is it just me that hates the stuff?

john frum

Guest jay_con

Braid is very good for uptiding, at least in these parts. Ive never had a problem with it. 25 pound Works a treat, you feel every turn and dive of the fish.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i must be totally lost the along with all the fish ive caught this year, maybe if they had known i wasnt using braid they wouldnt of taken my bait.

john e ashford,,,lol

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Bigfish,

you dont uptide with braid.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

<panto mode>

Oh yes you can :)

</panto mode>

Up tiding uses the tide pressure on a bow of line to hold the weight & bait hard on the bottom. You can still get the same effect with braid, without the huge bow of line.

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

braid has no give so many fish are bumped off without the angler even knowing hes had as bite, we have extensivly tasted braid hear in the Thames Estuary the birth place of up tide and boat casting.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Guest jay_con

Sam I think things really do vary from area to area.

Most of the time we dont even fish uptide. Infact we probably get more fish downtide.

ive been told its good for deep water wrecking, and i can kind of see this as the lack of stretch could be an advantage.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.