loch lubnaig

steviel76

Carry outs, sleeping, 'carrying on', not attending to rods, using insufficient tackle and now you want to know where to buy sharp hooks (most folk would go to the tackle shop) .

I gather you don't take this fishing lark very seriously then??

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

bubble floats / carry out / carry on / sleeping (while under the influence ??) ....no wonder few people are giving you the time of day. You may be ok ayjay but what you describe are common symtoms of crap angling syndrome, usually coupled with loud offensive behaviour and a shed load of litter left behind. If you want to be taken seriously, you need to adopt a different approach to your fishing. What you describe isn't fishing as we know it on this forum.

Edited by kreid

I think you meant Steviel76, Kreid not Ayjay!

Yes it is quite a common thing to see the "Neds" heading for the shores in the Summer to get **** leave litter and generally abuse the place.I was fishing Loch Awe in the days of the great hatchery escape! You aint seen nothing like it! just ask our Scottish cousains!

However at least Steviel76 has made the effort to look up an angling forum, register and ask for some info.Surely that shows he has a bit more interest in angling than first seems? Maybe we should cut him a bit of slack and try and steer him away from the "dark side"?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

loch lubnaig doesnt have its shortage of noddy's i remember me and a friend stoped of there for a few hours before heading to fort william there were 2 couples camping out the 2 guys obviously sh*t faced. the 2 girls not dressed for fishing wearing nothing but a skimpy dress all drinking cider from wine glasses. we left when they started to offer us drink and talking about fishing in slured speech and the 15LB roach they caught.

we came back after 2 days at fort william and the place was mobed with camper vans (those f1 type box van/hourse box thing) the 2 couples we had seen earlier one of wich was taken away in an ambulance in a drink enduced coma.

aside from all th goings on at lubnaig its a good water for trout and char and it does have a few anglers who take it seriously.

all we can do is advise the not so well informed on wich tactics to use when catching fish and hope they 'as budgie said' Dont go over to the dark side

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Well said Andy...............after all we even got you using an unhooking mat!

Hah! Just when you thought it had all been forgotten!

Seriously though I was thinking about the situation regarding "getting into fishing" in Scotland as a result of these posts (My ginger haired chums please correct me if I am well off the mark) But I would have thought its quite hard? certainly harder to get into it than down South? I wondered this due to the predominance of game fishing and the snob side which is still attached to it?Instead of going down to your local gravel pit/cannal/river for your first tentative steps into serious angling I suppose a lot of Scots (and Northern too) lads start off with fishing for trout/char etc in the "frowned on" ways described? Dont know maybe Ive got it wrong?

Well said Andy...............after all we even got you using an unhooking mat!

Hah! Just when you thought it had all been forgotten!

Seriously though I was thinking about the situation regarding "getting into fishing" in Scotland as a result of these posts (My ginger haired chums please correct me if I am well off the mark) But I would have thought its quite hard? certainly harder to get into it than down South? I wondered this due to the predominance of game fishing and the snob side which is still attached to it?Instead of going down to your local gravel pit/cannal/river for your first tentative steps into serious angling I suppose a lot of Scots (and Northern too) lads start off with fishing for trout/char etc in the "frowned on" ways described? Dont know maybe Ive got it wrong?

down here you can tell the kind of people who will take your advise and use it wisely. others you can tell will listen then keep using there bubble floats with size 8 hooks for roach and get drunk. i myself dont frown upon anyone unless i know they wont take my advise or are just making a completele arse of themself "because they know better" and anyone i do give advice to are greatful and ive witnessed them catch fish and if anyone asks me for advice ill give it, although i cant speak for the rest of the scottish anglers but i think this is prety general throughout.

p.s I have an unhooking mat, woohoo :clap2:

i made it out of my bib and brace (pictured in my avatar) i used the leg of them and got my mother to stich them up :rolleyes:

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

I best not make any remarks about frugal Scotsmen Andy as I know your mate Poach gets the hump with that sort of stero type :D

What did you make of my comments re it being harder for working class type guys like ourselves being harder to get into fishing in the North and Scotland than it is here down South?

I best not make any remarks about frugal Scotsmen Andy as I know your mate Poach gets the hump with that sort of stero type :D

What did you make of my comments re it being harder for working class type guys like ourselves being harder to get into fishing in the North and Scotland than it is here down South?

No difference really, maybe different species.Plenty of perch etc but most burns/rivers /lochs have trout. There is a helluva lot of BAD fishing/fishers up here. Rainbow Trout are the thickest of fish, easy to catch on a bubble float you could moor a boat to, not so with canal roach !

I wasn't going to reply to that remark but I got paid this week so I'll grudgingly post one this time.....lol

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...