Mull of Galloway

Snatcher

Was over to my caravan in Drummore for the weekend.I always try and not be too selfish on the fishing front as the wife enjoys trips around the area seeing different places and going for walks. As a consequence I tend to wedge in early morning sessions and get back to the van about 09.30-10.00 when brekkie is being served. My timing is normally spot on

Back to the report. Arrived at "a spot" on the Luce Bay side at 04.30am with a bit bass plugging in mind only to find about half of the British army parked up at my fav bass spot.

Just managed to park the car up between all their freekin jeeps/lorries/bulldozers etc. Got tackled up and was putting my chesties on when two armed soldiers approached me. "Excuse me sir what are you doing here" My reply of "grouse shooting" winged over their thick heads!

They reported in that a civvie was intent on fishing in the area and was being obstructive. I did point out that It was "my patch" and that they were the invaders. Anyway gave it about 10 mins popping just to annoy them and then called it a day. Their dozers were shifting gravel on the beach and any self respecting bass must of been heading back in the direction of Manxman toute suit

Then headed off to the end of the Mull. Parked up in the lighthouse car park and followed the wall down on the east side. Got there about an hour after high water. Set up a spinning rod and alternated between a spinner and a Snatcher sandeel. It was approx a fish every other cast,the mackerel were in big style also got a sprinkling of pollack to about 2.5 lbs.Anyway it was good sport on light gear and a fair tide rip. All the pollack went back but I kept two bagfulls of mackerel as had made two promises the night before.

The climb back up to the car park had me jiggered big style. It did bring home to me the fact that I am nearly 56 I do go to the gym 2/3 times a week but tend to do mainly weights. Think I had better start doing a bit more cardiovascular stuff!I must have stopped about 10 times for a "breather" - that pasture is steep mind!

Drove back to Drummore and gave Sandra at Mariners Cafe a bagfull of fresh mackerel(brownie points never come in wrong! ) Incidentally if you are ever in the Drummore area and fancy a big "fry up" try the Mariners. A massive plateful +T+toast £6. Check out Sandras new skull and crossbones flag outside the cafe - I kid you not!

Next dropoff was for Sammy,the cook at the Clash (more brownie points) Got back to the van about 10am expecting brekkie to be on the table and - no Dorothy had developed a severe cold overnight so I finished up cooking the brekkie.As Dorothy was poorly we decided to stay in the van all day and I got a few jobs sorted out.Tack4 arrived about 13.30 with the kids and after a bit crack decided to go to the mark I had fished that morning. They came back to the van about 17.30 with their fishing report. Plenty of mackerel,pollack and wrasse. Kyle got a pb wrasse of 2.5 lbs.Well done young man

Was going to fish the "saffaris"(spelling) wreck this morning but due to a fairly gusty westerly and a late night in the Clash on the vodkas with Freddie the Bass decided to give it a miss!

Was leaving the van at 4pm and seen two of Ians boats steaming back south towards Drummore. Their bows was knocking up a fair spray.

Oh well,three and and a half days at work then over to Drummore again for a long weekend Life is a bitch!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Hello Mate,

nice post, I knew every one you were on about except the bloke that gets up at 4 to go fishing????v Was that you???

John I cant get away at all for lads week at the moment, I know youll have a great time and wish you all the best, keep in touch you old git.............

I,m very dissapointed I cannit get

ck

Forgot to say if you fancy a day on the boat gis a call you shiny headed pisspot

What boat :huh:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

aye the craic was good m8 as usual

the littletack4's are imporving all the time

Tracy is workin friday night so may squeeze a wee session fri pm but deffo sat am m8

tack4's report

fished down by the wall staurday afternoon

had dug somee rag earlier

little tack4 had the best bag of us all

i was mainly after some mackeral for the table and bait

missstack4 had a few knocks but missed them and took to reading her book

littletack4 could see the wrasse around his bait and at times was to keen and missed several fish by stricking too early

he ended up with 4 wrasse and a wee pollack

his wrasse was the biggest caught as yet by any of the tack4 clan

wieghed in at a healthy 2lb 8 oz

crackin fish and all managed by himself

nice one m8 when i work out how to get pic from misstack4's phone i'll post it up

Edited by tack4

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

See you at the weekend Andrew :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

nice report there john :clap::clap: , were the army at the mark i was at last week ? got a bit of a shock when i found that plug the other dayit was one of them head scratching moments :huh::huh: good to see the tacks getting in about some fish aswell :clap: an that hill is a killer even for a thourghbread like me ;);)

Get yourself a wee boat and give up all that physical stuff Snatcher.

There's been a couple of big Army landing craft moored in Peel all last week.

We were speaking to the crew and they told us about the "invasion at Luce Bay"

They seemed decent lads and when they said they were heading up to the bay the following day, I suggested that we could put my wee dory on board and that my oppo from Drummore would meet them at the visitors buoy off Drummore and bring it ashore for me.

They went of to confer with the Old man who unfortunatley delcined my request, even tho' a bottle of Pussars was proffered.

Its a pity it wasn't the Senior Service as I'm sure my suggestion wouldn't have been delined.

Seems like you had a good weekend. no silver fella's then, what about Freddie Vladavor, he had owt yet?

nice report there john :clap::clap: , were the army at the mark i was at last week ? got a bit of a shock when i found that plug the other dayit was one of them head scratching moments :huh::huh: good to see the tacks getting in about some fish aswell :clap: an that hill is a killer even for a thourghbread like me ;);)

Yes it was that mark Guy :angry:

John Freddie has not been out this year yet. He is more or less a full time carer for Margaret and his mam!

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair