Fishbites - Not Just For The Big Boys!

Elton

Hi, it's a long time since i posted on here.

I see that the good old Fish n Strips is the topic and thought i might let you know the results i had from testing them for Jim all last year.

I demonstrated them at a few matches and opened the eyes of many anglers by finishing with the heaviest bag of fish. Fish n Strips are not a magic bait to take the place of fresh baits, but they are a very handy to have in your tackle box or a few packets at home for the un-planned trip when no other baits are available. IMHO the green one's have produced most fish for me. I found them very handy when crabs were stripping off fresh baits in seconds of casting. I also found them very good for long hard power casting as they stayed on the hooks. I fish every week of the year and always take Fish n Strips as a back up bait and have caught just about every fish there is along our part of the coast with them, just waiting for that double figure Cod. My results and test have been from beach fishing but we have recently started to use them from a boat. So far we have had only small Bass and the odd flounder with them, but that goes the same for fresh bait. Hope this helps you.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elton:

I'd decided on a 'new' way of presenting Fishbites, although a mate then told me this had been in a mag last month (honestly, I haven't read a fishing magazine for a long time!).

Posted Image

Basically, it's a jelly worm tipped off with Fishbites. I figured that it was similar to lug tipped off with squid.

The rod tip went ballistic, I struck, and reeled in this:

Posted Image

How on earth does a fish this size swallow a hook and then manage to give a thumping bite?!!!!!

:D  

Elton

:cool: And how did the jelly worm turn from red to black?

Elton:

Fair play to you - many dismiss 'gimmicks' without giving them a real test. I'm glad that Jim and Paul contacted me and that I got lucky first time, as it has given me the confidence to experiment with Fishbites.

Ed wasn't having a moan at anyone (the way I read it) - he just wanted to hear even more about the product that had caught his attention.

Tight lines,

Elton

:cool: I did a review on them and they liked it.

I could do with some more because as they caught fish on the boat they all got nicked and I need some more for a shore review. :D

Have used them several times to good effect in sw scotland cut them in half length ways to double the value and usage. doggies went daft for them last time i used them.

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

spanner:

Methinks that is a poorcod not a pout, sorry Davy.  The start of the first anal fin is level with the end of the first dorsal, in pout it comes well up under the dorsal.

:cool: It's definately a pout, any one that fishes the solent knows what a pout looks like, it's the poor cod they can't identify. :D