the tacks and snatcher try a new mark

tack4

bait dug rag n crabs collected for a session with snatcher at a new mark show to us on our trip with ian burrett

marks "S"

met snatcher at his van at 09:45

we had over slept slightly as had the occupiers of snatchers van

dorothy "mrs Snatcher" and lillian (dorothy's sister) looked as tired as i felt

cup of coffee from lillian hit the spot kids had some juice

car stowed with snatchers gear and off we set

parked up leaving a short walk???????to the mark

as we were getting organised another vehicle arrived

two other fishermen who'd fished the mark yesterday with v poor results

they set off as i was still organising kit

we had to walkthrough a barley field following tractor wheel marks

until field thinned and access to next field could be gained

once through it we encountered nettles weed n grass aprox 4 ft high :schmoll:

misstack4has hayfever and this was going to be a problem on the way back

we were greeted with this view

5-1.jpg

the planned mark had been taken by the eager beavers so a recce was carried out

we fished to the right slightly round the headland

after tackling up and first few cast (no bites) we saw ian burret and his two other boats steam into view

he shouted you need to be over there to which we replied we know but its taken

he must have triggered something as my first bite came and resulted in a wee wrasse

1-1.jpg

ian and spike in the background

snatcher was spinning snatcher lures with no success

kids by this time were releasing the crabs we had collected into rockpools :wallbash::wallbash: and had stopped fishing

my next take was a thumping bite from what turned out my biggest wrasse of the day at just under 2lb

2-1.jpg

the tide had turned exposing a route to another mark so we packed and moved

this was to the rock near wher ian and co had been fishing without much luck by the look of it

snatcher continued in vain with snatcher lures announcing "its much deeper here andrew i am counting to 10 and not hitting bottom"

needless to say his next cast snagged

more floating for wrasse for me changing depth from 6-7ft to somewhere nearer 15 -16 ft

more takes two wee wrasse 3-1.jpg

followed by my last fish of approx 1lb 6oz

4-1.jpg

then came the climb back up

this was taken in stages as we older ones felt the need for oxygen and rests aplenty

the other two guys had decide to call it a day too we had fished approx 3 1/2 hrs

they had managed 4 fish in total only one pollack being of a takeable size and was stuffed with sandeel

after climbing the "eiger" follwed by the hard route up "K2" we finally managed the top where the flora got to work on misstack4's pollen allergy

a quick pitstop at snatchers van saw misstack4 explaining again to snatcher the 4 turn grinner knot

and a quick tute on shockleader knots

hugs and kisses were freely exchanged between adopted aunts and uncle and we set off home

counting the days till we meet them again at the start of lads week

we hope to be out tomorrow for a short session on lochryan with the left over rag and some mackeral

the kids littletack4 and misstack4 finish school this friday for summer hols

littletack4 shares his birthday with Dale one of the lads for lads week and we aim to get a nice cake out to the van baked by my fair hand

tight lines to all and to another succesful liason with snatcher and the tack4's

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

Hi Andrew

I am not suprised you struggled with the Pollack. We didn't get so many fish today as the Pollack just switched off, I susoect because of the changing weather patterns. It always seem to put them down.

Although we didn't get as many as normal, we ended up with 5 fish just under 10lb's and a good bag of fish between 5-8 pounds. The live launce did the biz. today.

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Andrew...GREAT report mate....glad you had a good time...... :D

I was wondering where the "auld yin " was.............. :D

Norrie I have feelings you know :lol: Looking forward to meeting up on Friday. Guy,I intend to have a quiet one on Friday and get blitzed on Sat night with my squad. Try not to forget that plug as I may need it!

Sorry back to the thread. Had a great time with Andrew and the kids, I always do :) I am a sort of "adopted" uncle to them now and do really feel part of the family which is nice. As Ian said the pollack were not biting freely and I did not have a single take :( Would have done better putting on a float and trying for wrasse!

Getting to and from that mark was very tough for me being on the wrong side of 50 :headhurt: Prepared to give it another go though. Andrew Kyle and Caitlin thanks for a great day out and thanks for the hugs :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy