Thinking of treating myself to one of these

JV44

I've often wondered what was actually happening when jigging at the reservoirs. I'm not sure this would work at those depths though? Either visibility and/or pressure.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Would be interesting to have a chuck with it on the spod rod before spodding, to make sure you are happy with the spot, and after, to see the results and the presentation of the bait.

• Like 2

What do you mean by 'death rig'?

death tether rig. So so lucky that water didnt have very rocky areas. given that the cam is being dragged along the bottom it wouldnt have been long till it got stuck had there been rocks about.

Also attached to a solid trace i think ?

Jv44 still a death rig in that case if the cam cant break free just like leads

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Doesn't look like it would be the hardest thing to rig up safe. As you can see from that video, it might be a tough call for some anglers. But then much pike tackle don't seem that safe to me.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

death tether rig. So so lucky that water didnt have very rocky areas. given that the cam is being dragged along the bottom it wouldnt have been long till it got stuck had there been rocks about.

Also attached to a solid trace i think ?

Jv44 still a death rig in that case if the cam cant break free just like leads

Andy having had a look yes looks like a solid trace I don't know why but I assumed it was free running on the line ,wouldn't have had the towed behind footage then though doh!! if it can be rigged to be free running on the line facing down under a float only risk then is losing the camera ?? have some ubber long telescopic roller poles for high decorating work thinking of rigging something off that to push into deep water margin and fish a dead by the side/in front of win win

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

What's up with you lot? :o

Where's the mystery,the watercraft, reading the swim, and working it out for yourself, relying on your judgement and experience. Has it got that bad that we now need to have video evidence of what's down there? Shoot a short film, and if you can't see anything, then move on to the next spot and try again?

Bloody hell, I must be getting old, first overstocked waters, now videos of the swim, what next, divers hooking fish on for you? :rolleyes:

John.

• Like 2

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I see it like this (pun?), my most local and favourite water, I have been fishing since before England won the World cup (football). I had, or so I thought built up a good knowledge based mental image of the sub surface. The water is almost 4 miles long and averages 3/4 of a mile across, so quite a bit of water to explore. However once I bought an echo/depth finder for the boat, I saw a whole lot of features that I couldn't have imagined, was surprized at far out shallow plateaus which I would probably never have known about, underwater drop off like cliffs. Great single rocks the size of cars, set there by the glasier, and still holding fish.

We found where the great shouls of perch and roach (can't tell 'em apart on an echo sounder) close up and switch off for the winter, at around 70 feet.

One of these cameras we would use on trolling rigs only, to see the reactions and just what fish show interest in our lures. Mystery is ok up to an extent but knowledge is so interesting, this type of technology may have it's Luddite critics just like almost every new invention, some migh say that we should be handwriting letters or postcards and sending our ideas and thoughts to one another instead of using these new fangled 'computermabobs. and that proper fishin' should only involve our bare hands or a sharpened stick. Technology changes the world, angling included, I would invite you, especially those of us of a certain age, to mentally list the huge changes in our equipment, there were no electronic alarms, echo sounders, baitrunner reels, cheaply availiable and reliable electric motors, bait boats, and other things which we use in the course of our fishing, mobile phones, lap tops in bivvies, digital cameras, digital scales. I am happy to use all those (except the lap top and the bivvy, neither of which i own). Even decent cars to get us to and from waters were not always the norm, I grew up in a carless family and didn't get my own until my mid 20s. this is just another bit of kit, useful and very interesting if properly used.

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"