Fishing in Tenerife

me

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done me.Had a bash there once myself right in front of Harlequins bar,Christianos.

Got a mullet about 1.5lb,some tiny bream and got smashed by a "submarine" on a deadbait.

Did you enjoy the Dorada(I mean the beer not the fish)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

ye had 1 or two here and there.

Harlequins bar o rite i fished off the harbour and on the beach where all the water sports and stuff was.

Where did you stay in los cristianos?

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

• 7 months later...

I'm off for about the 10th time this Friday to Los Cristianos.

I might, for the first time, take some fishing gear.

Just did a quick search on here, but details are patchy - anyone able to give specific ideas on baits, tackle needed, species about, etc?

I may even try a charter trip, but found a few posts warning of rip-offs.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hi Elton

I would certainly do some homework on the charter boats. We ended up fishing for Spur dog at 1.5 pounds and they wanted to kill them all.

:o

Might just stick to the harbour, then! I saw a load of fish in there last time - probably mullet.

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Elton last time I was at Christianos there was a charter boat run by a London guy based there. Never went out with him but he seemed to know his stuff as had a bit crack with him.

Was informed that Cuda on spinners are possible off the shore first thing in the morning and sunset. Caught mullet myself on bread using bubblefloat/bread/multihook tactics :o

Also tried deadbaiting a small mullet and got smashed up !!!!

Would take some wire traces with you.. Get some fresh prawns from the market as well. Try flyfishing these on the small piers dotted between Christianos and Las Americas.

Tight lines and enjoy the holiday :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Hmmm....would love to know what smashed you up. I'm getting quite excited now!!!! :D

We fly out on Friday - got two crappy days of work ahead of me (hardly did anything yesterday and Monday, due to a migraine. 5 minutes online and I was in agony :( ), so I reckon it will be a case of throwing a telescopic rod in whatever tiny space Tania hasn't crammed with clothing in the cases.

I had similar problems trying to find information on fishing in the Canaries Elton: various snippets on various sites but little of substance. But I was directed to this site which has an English forum thereon, with instructions on how to sign in etc. Handy if your Spanish is as good as mine!

http://www.caranx.net/forums/index.php?act=idx

Hope it helps - have a great time escaping this gloom :)

Elton turn that "flyfishing" into floatfishing a prawn ;) As to what smashed me up ???? The main contenders would be barra,dorado,tuna,grouper :o

Pal of mine Kenny Robinson from Whitley Bay used to take out a telescopic beachcaster and livebait off the shore for dorado - he did get amongst them but not sure from where.

Want to see your fishy holiday snaps boss :D:D

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair