Angling clubs in North London

Steve_MK

Moving back th the smoke shortly, can anyone give me the names of any good angling clubs in North London. I am particularly interested in the Isle of Dogs (now Canary Wharf) and the GU/Regents canals?

The London Anglers Assocoation does not seem to have many waters in cetral London

Moving back th the smoke shortly, can anyone give me the names of any good angling clubs in North London. I am particularly interested in the Isle of Dogs (now Canary Wharf) and the GU/Regents canals?

The London Anglers Assocoation does not seem to have many waters in cetral London

You could try The Lee Anglers Consortium which covers the Lee from Hertford to Bow.

Andy

• 8 months later...

Reopening thread.

Did you have any luck ?

I've started looking now the weather is improving and yesterday I took a trip out to Uxbridge to see the GUC and the River Colne which looks like they'll be nice to place to fish when the season opens. I'm a bit confused though as to which club owns what stretch of water as several seem to be claiming the same stretchs of the river Colne.

Anyone from N London know ?

Tony

Tony

Steve

i have been up and down the lea or lee to broxbourne and back with very little success. which has been frustrating seeing as I live 5 mins walk from part of the navigation in hackney. I have heard of people feeding boilies for about a week- this seems to produce the odd carp. I know that the consortium has been stocking as of late.... but I also see cormorants having a feed. Dennis also says that the water doesnt fish too well below enfield lock. im afriad that i travel further afield now. However I would love someone to prove me wrong, it would be great to have a fishy spot on my doorstep. (although I am interested to see what hapens with the 'gentrification of the waterways' that they olympic committee has in mind.....)

Liam

Steve

i have been up and down the lea or lee to broxbourne and back with very little success. which has been frustrating seeing as I live 5 mins walk from part of the navigation in hackney.

Liam

We know we have a large cormorant problem and the argument still continues whether they are the main reason for the rivers decline. The Lee is not alone as many a trip to rivers within 60 miles of London, which were once solid with fish, can give you a worse day than the Lee.

from

http://www.lee-anglers-consortium.co.uk/

Tony

Edited by rarepleasures

Tony

Hi Tony

I dont dispute the fact. I guess the urban environment lend itself in increased run off, pollution etc etc. Its just a shame that (for whatever reason) the water is not as prolific as it obviousy once was

Liam

There all still lots of fish in the Lee, instead of just turning up and fishing if you can spare the time use the weeks before the start of the season walking the river, I promise you that you will be amazed by the amount of fish you see apart from all the other wildlife that has the river as its habitat.

It is time well spent and can put you on fish straight away.