Anyone fished in Malta?

Snatcher

Going there for my jollies in September,St Pauls Bay. As per usual will have a couple of telescopics in the case. Was just looking for a few tips on the fishing there. Have yarked out plenty of mullet in the Med over the years mainly on the multihook/bubble float/lump of bread the size of your fist approach! A true sportsman I can hear you saying!

Also anyone tried the charter operations out there,i assume there will be some?

Thanks,in anticipation

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

sry i havn't been mate but good luck any way ........lol i went on holiday last year took my telescoppic rod and was using tiny hooks whith lead shot on the line i was putting a bit of wet bread on the hook and i dropped the hook which was attatched 2 the line and the hook went into my finger really deep and it was barbed it wouldn't come out ......(it was killing)..LoL.. any way i had 2 go 2 the local hospital and they had 2 feed the hook through the other way and cut the barbred bit off then take it out the way it went in but they numbed my finger........whatch what u r doing m8

hi snatcher. a good place to find out what species are found in malta, is to get in contact with any of the scuba diving operations there. malta is famous for its diving they would have a lot of info on their websites ,for sure. best wishes.

I have been to Malta 3 times over the last 7 years but not fishing (busmans holiday if i did)but the locals do catch many small fish using poles in the grand harbour and on the rocky outcrops around St Pauls Bay. Didnt see many charter boats though, but they do fish for some type of large mackeral and maybe swordfish because they do serve it up for lunch sometimes.May get a charter boat from selima quay. I have a timeshare apartment in St pauls bay if you want to go in september next year,LOL

Thanks for the tips chaps will follow them up

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Fishing from the rocks with shrimp yields loads of small fish (less than 12 inches), sea breams, damsel fish, combers and many more.

Have never tried with lures but think it is later in the evening that they become useful. Barracudas are supposed to be around but I never met one, though I saw 3 little guys snorkelling around the rocks.

There is a good tackleshop in Buggiba (St Pauls BaY I think) with fresh and frozen bait and plenty of local advice.

Local charter target everything from these samllies up to tunas. Depends on how fancy the boat you choose is.

Thanks Sal every bit of info helps

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Cheers Chippy Steve has E-mailed me direct with a load of good S---. Also gave me a tip for the black bream at night! Sorry if I tell I might self destruct! xxxxx

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair