roach or rudd(what)

j green

hi this is the roach

hi

just been for a weeks carp fishing in france and after loads of big carp and cats had a 4lbs 4ounces roach. but need identificationwere not to sure if its an hybrid or a rudd.

(help)

j.green

No link to the pic M8

....Here's to swimming with bow-legged women....

my computers saying i havent got anoth global space to atttch pics

sorry

how do i close topic

and also how big is the roach world record

I think the easiest way to identify is the lips. Roach has a top petruding lip, Rudd has a bottom petruding lip, hybrids don't have a petruding lips.

There's more to it though, scale counts on the lateral line and spines on the dorsal but I can't be bothered to check it up. Cracking fish what ever the species, not sure if you are looking at recoerd size but close. Google up british record fish comittee.

I don't understand JG, you posted a pic of your cat on another thread (and a mighty fine beast it is too!) so do the same for the pic of the roach. :doh:;)

....Here's to swimming with bow-legged women....

I don't understand JG, you posted a pic of your cat on another thread (and a mighty fine beast it is too!) so do the same for the pic of the roach. :doh:;)

i am doing the same but it wont work

and also i will look at the bootom and top lips and get back to you

thanks all

j.green