Pike Fishing - In London?

Steve Redrobe

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Steve,

I regularly fish the Lea in Tottenham and would recommend the whole stretch. Quite near Enfield Lock station is a small inlet between the river and the canal called The Swan and Pike Pool. I often fish near there, and take smaller pike regularly. Unfortunately I've not had any really large ones yet but I've seen a couple of very large ones.

I hope that this post isn't going to mean that I can't get a peg when I go there next!!!

Oh, it does cost to fish the Lea, I think it's about 3 quid a day.

There are plenty of places near Waltham Abbey to catch pike and that's relatively easy to get to.

Hope this is of some use.

second that,head out towards broxbourne for the better quality fish.

click on my name to see my profile the pike i'm holding is a lea valley pit fish :thumbs:

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

second that,head out towards broxbourne for the better quality fish.

click on my name to see my profile the pike i'm holding is a lea valley pit fish :thumbs:

Many thanks, Russell.

I'm presently unable to view 'profiles', however I shall certainly give yours a good viewing, should I be deemed worthy to do so at some point :)

I am familiar with the pits in the Lea Valley, but they are all a little inaccessible to me at present, due to my inability to walk very far.

The river Lea around Tottenham, several miles south of Enfield, however, would be ideal for me, as buses run nearby. I wonder if anyone has fished for pike there?

i havent given it a go around that way yet,tho another new memeber on the forum(ultimex?bugger cant spell or remeber his alias!) has said they are present,mainly jacks i gather, but they are the bread and butter fish and good sport,i would'nt hope for big numbers of them but i could be wrong,if you cant walk to far, i wouldnt really recommend static fishing along the tottenham lenght,too much aggro but enfield aint to bad.i my self grew up around them areas,i would fish it, but i would leapfrog along it with the minimum of tackle,when its nice and cold out and no oen else is about!

do you fish lures at all?

Edited by Russell Fitzpatrick

AKA RATTY

maybe we can all meet up! me u and unimexsol,i am in the process of arranging to meet up with uni to throw some lures,waiting on him being able to PM.

u up for it

Edited by Russell Fitzpatrick

AKA RATTY

maybe we can all meet up! me u and unimexsol,i am in the process of arranging to meet up with uni to...................

At this point, I think it is only fair for me to point out that I am absolutely 100% straight and nothing, I repeat nothing, is going to change that.

Having said that, I think it could be a good idea for the future.

Three buddies, lure-fishing for pike from the same bank of the river Lea should produce some fascinating tangles, if nothing else :)

At this point, I think it is only fair for me to point out that I am absolutely 100% straight and nothing, I repeat nothing, is going to change that.

Having said that, I think it could be a good idea for the future.

Three buddies, lure-fishing for pike from the same bank of the river Lea should produce some fascinating tangles, if nothing else :)

lol me too mate dont you worry about that men just dont do it for me.....gothic chicks or lily allen does however... :clap2::lol::yeah:

oh yes,hopefully we will get some hits(from pike!) tho,three of us, thats covering some water!

once you and uni have ya PMs up and running we wil arrange it.

btw-i have met up with a few forum regulars here and elsewhere(pike and predators forum) and have made some good mates along the way :) so you know i am a little mad,but not totally crazy!

AKA RATTY