Best carp pool with up to 30Ib carp ?

flank0

Hi im looking to go carp fishing very soon & hoping to catch some big carp, the only pool iv tryed is holt pool which has some desent sized carp up to i think 30ib but fancyed trying somwhere different as i had no luck in ctaching anything above 12 pound....

Are there any other pools within a 50 mile radious that are very good for big carp? im in the midlands about 10 miles from kidderminster. :thumbs: cheers

Can't keep giving all my secret place away as I am trying to catch a twenty let alone a thirty! :yeah:

It is depending on How far you want to travel?

Try looking in the weekly AnglersMail "where to fish" section sometimes the odd one or two page in the Midlands

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Dont know if its to far away for you but the specimen pool at cuttle mill holds some bigges its just near drayton manor park.

cheer's mark, allready been there though :) most seemed to not have night fish, and the odd few that id seemed to be far away.....or maybe im just being picky :(

basically i was just hoping somone might like night fishing here & knows a few good pools within my vicinity , or maybe not ..lol :)

well decided to try a place in wolverhampton seems to have up to 30LB carp & around 50 were caught on the specimen pool the weekend biggest was 29 pounder caught so allmost the largest hehe....

plus it has night fishing & 24 hours even the whole week if you have the cash :yeah: but i dont :schmoll:

anyway got my bivve ready,cooker,and gear & il let u all know if i catch anything big & maybe post a pic or 2 in... :thumbs:

Edited by flank0

cheer's mark, allready been there though :) most seemed to not have night fish, and the odd few that id seemed to be far away.....or maybe im just being picky :(

basically i was just hoping somone might like night fishing here & knows a few good pools within my vicinity , or maybe not ..lol :)

well decided to try a place in wolverhampton seems to have up to 30LB carp & around 50 were caught on the specimen pool the weekend biggest was 29 pounder caught so allmost the largest hehe....

plus it has night fishing & 24 hours even the whole week if you have the cash :yeah: but i dont :schmoll:

anyway got my bivve ready,cooker,and gear & il let u all know if i catch anything big & maybe post a pic or 2 in... :thumbs:

wouldn't it be Himley Pool? or Pool Hall? by any chance?

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

A friend of mine is taking me there as i dont have transport atm, & might not have for a long time i think. So im not sure what pool it wll be yet, he says its wolverhampton way or there abouts....Just wish had my own car i could go fishing when i want & where :blink: Anyone near dudley west midlands go carp fishing lots? I NEED A RIDE :lol::lol:

If i had the choice of where to go after doing some research i would book up on the best specamin pools, the ones you hear about where matt hayes & wilson go & catch big JUICY carps :).

Edited by flank0

thx guys, iv decided to go for a 24 hour fishing :)

so need to find a nice pool within 35 miles of dudley near wolvo ....

get yourself down to cuttle mill its by the belfry golf course. not always easy fishing as it is so pressured but the rewards are there nearly 1 in every 3 fish caught are 20's and there is a good head of 30's in there as well. day fishing only though from 7am untill dusk. you will have to book in advance as it is so popular. tel no. is01827872253.

Flank, I`m from Sedgley so do know a few spots round here.

What sort of fishing you looking for? Runs or a headbanger water? Have you been in the game long?

Pool Hall is the place to go to catch anything but its not been too good recently by all accounts. Also its a bit pricey...........

Himley is always an option but as it was the place I learnt to fish I can`t bring myself to taking the heavy gear down there, it would be sacrilege! I do know the carp come out but its virtually always to the syndicate guys.

Cuttle Mill is great if you like folks casting across you all day. The BAAs Nordley Pools is good but theres no nighting which is a shame. Theres a few syndicates scattered round here as well but none of them are easy to get into.

There is a water I know thats got nice fish and beautiful surroundings but its slow and very tough, I`ve had one fish in 34 nights since March. Can`t post the name on the forum though, no publicity and I don`t want to attract attention to my little piece of heaven. If thats the sort of place you like drop me a pm. Can`t promise anything as theres a vetting scheme being introduced next year and the nighting is going to be restricted to a select few (hopefully!).

wolf.gif