Wier pools!

markp

Fished it yrs ago when the bream used to shoal opposite the "flats" our old club water used to be just behind the red scum stadium and after lady bay bridge, used to have some loverly roach fishing there on the stick float. As for jason Lee "he's got a pineapple on his head he's got a pineapple on his head!" some fishing forum ehh lol.

Edited by markp

The nearest weir to me is at Emberton Park, Olney. The tactic there in the prolonged hot weather is to cast up with a ledger against the back wall of the weir, barbel just sit there behind the curtain as the water has a high oxygen content, it's only a couple of feet deep, but you can't see them or vice versa due to the bubbly froth on top, guy I know pulled seven out of the same place in short time a week or so ago.

tried right under the lip and got wet feet in the process{damn my lack of waders} lost a few hooks and weights but still not a knock, lol must have been one of those days.

Edited by markp