Flies, I hate flies

Steve Chertsey

Not fun for sure. How about long pants and then either tuck the cuffs into sox or use bicycle clips or similar?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Anyone got any tips on how to keep flies at bay?

I am bitten to hell on the back of my legs from yesterdays evening session.

Damn those pesky flying human eaters. :-)

when it gets to bad on a venue i use one of them disposable paper boiler suites and if its hot i just use the suite with nothing else on except shorts,

them horse flies can hurt real bad eh.

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

The original formula Avon Skin So Soft has always worked for me and has a bit of a reputation for keeping mozzies at bay.. There are two versons. One with DEET and one that contains citronella. The original citronella formula smells nice too. Get it either by a local 'Avon lady' or from eBay. here

Edited by argyll

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

The original formula Avon Skin So Soft has always worked for me and has a bit of a reputation for keeping mozzies at bay.. There are two versons. One with DEET and one that contains citronella. The original citronella formula smells nice too. Get it either by a local 'Avon lady' or from eBay. here

Good tips all. :-)

Long trousers in this weather? Mozzie milk and some of this Avon stuff will do the trick.

I'm gonna look like im preparing to swim the channel, but if it allows me to fish bring it on :)

You can buy 'garden' sized joss sticks. Set one up just up wind of you and hey presto, no flies. Each one lasts a couple of hours. Ideal for aging hippies!

And how Argyll got into 'Avon Skin So Soft' in the first place is one of those intriguing questions that defy the imagination ;)

Same thing happened to me last sunday. Use antihistamine on them now and get a good insect repelent. Boots the chemist are doing a 3 for 2 offer on loads of insect bite stuff at the moment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John, For midge repellant, Get Avon, Skin so Soft,...Woodland Green/Fresh, cant remember the name now...it works wonders..... Honest.

Oh dear I appear to have come out of the closet :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Works in the Highlands where the steroid mozzies live so for the damp squib ones darn sarf this may kill them :lol:

Worth a try or what :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy