Royal Navey threaten to fire on a local trawler.

Guest jay_con

Guest jay_con

http://www.whitbytoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2....ticleID=1072591

On the front page of my local rag this morning in an article Entitled " TREATED LIKE SCUM" it claims that the Royal Navey have threatened to fire at a local Trawler. Ill post a link to the full article as soon as Whitbytoday post one up themselves.

Extracts from the article read : A Whitby skipper and his crew have been held at gunpoint for 48 hours without explanation. ,

Warned if the skipper did not start to haul, HMS Mersey would fire a shot 200 yards ahead of the boat;if that brought no response it would be followed by one 100 yards ahead, the third would go through the funnel, and the fourth at the wheelhouse

After 70 hours without sleep the boat skipper was interviewed by DEFRA and the trawler was released on saturday and allowed to steam to Whitby but its fishing licence was confiscated

http://www.whitbytoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2....ticleID=1072591

[ 01. July 2005, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: @SUMMER@ ]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds interesting

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Sounds very dramatic, that sort of challenge is normally only given after a request to stop is ignored.

I have heard of this type of thing for drug runners who will not stop, surprised the skipper of a trawler refused to stop.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Guest jay_con

70 hours without sleep and no contact with family???

Are they allowed to do that????? Sounds like a breach of human rights to me. I only expected to here such things from the Americans and thier Guantanamo camp. Cant be right, surely our armed forces would know better than that. I'm waiting for Defra's comments.