Royal Navey threaten to fire on a local trawler.

Guest jay_con

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jay_con

Nice one. Shame we couldnt write to Nelson and get his backing too.

With regard to improved enforcement : A lot of the locals Ive spoken to who have read this are saying about time. Just yesterday someone said to me "Its good news, These fishermen think they are

above the law"

Guest jay_con

Ive also heared stories confirming the hit squads. They arrive in high speed inflatables, when boats are unloading, and do the necassery business, log book checks etc. I am more than happy. Only sad thing is they didnt do it when the quota's were initially cut then perhaps we wouldnt be in the position we are in now. Lets hope they are still around in the Autumn when the real damage is done, When the Herring Spawns and boats descend on the Yorkshire coast from far and wide.

Guest jay_con

Article in the Local paper again today. Defra have denied most of the report in fridays paper. DEFRA say That no one threatened to fire on the vessel and that the navey boarding officers do not carry guns they are unarmed.

I dont have the time to type out the article but it looks like DEFRA are suggesting Mr Leadley has a vivid imagination!!!!!!

Who do you beleive?

Guest Flybynight

I'm really happy to live in a country where the old tabloid eaters have the freedom to rant about how 'do gooders' and human rights legislation have ruined us all.

Try living some place where they don't have any human rights legislation - like China, where you get arrested for writing the expression 'human rights' on an internet forum. You might find instances of folks being kept locked up for 70 hours (crime or no crime committed in this instance - we don't know yet, right?) were a darned sight more common. And would go with routine beatings, extra-judicial killings, and the like.

Or try having your own human rights violated and see if you views stay the same.

FBN

[ 05. July 2005, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: Flybynight ]

Guest jay_con

Seen the Navey ship off the coast for the past 3 days now. Maybe he's come for some unfinished business.