Unity?

corydoras - thanks for that info. Makes more sense now.

No problem Newt, I thought everyone knew. They do now :)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unimexol - all those pursuits you mentioned are TEAM sports! To play football properley you need to pay to belong to a club, hockey the same. Darts and cards, well there's a big difference between playing in the pub or club and playing seriously.

Would you like to play football on a pitch so overgrown with weeds you can't find the ball? Or hockey?

What if there were no pubs or clubs? Booze sales and food sales help the pubs and clubs (but THEY need a license!)

Your money from your license HELPS keep our fishing areas open (if you start about the Coarse, Carp, Trout, Sea split - that's a different ball game!), so why not buy a license, or do you want off the backs of those who do pay?

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Kleinboet, the point you made was that you need a licence to do many things, eg marriage etc. My point is that there are many more things that you don't need a licence to do. You also ignored the solo outdoor activities that I commented on such as canoeing, hiking and climbing. These are not team sports and in many ways have more in common with angling than lets say...building a house.

I hope that you also noted that I stated that I didn't have a problem with buying a licence; my post was more to point out that the idea that we should need a licence for fishing just because you need a licence to drive a car is not a valid argument.

Dear Mike,

Keeping well I hope.

You said;

“The BCU employs numbers to negotiate with government, the RSPB the same. What does angling get? Not a lot to be frank, but then in this life generally you get what you pay for and until more anglers see the need to pay for governence and its function in the modern world, we will all continue to get very little.”

And that Mike, is what I banged endlessly on about a couple of years ago. I won’t go into it all again now but you know what I mean.

Angling Unity? We actually already have it and have had it all along. You see it in the faces of ordinary anglers fishing in every watery place you can imagine. In this real angling world everyone gets along just fine.

Regards,

Lee.

Kleinboat; the money I pay to keep my fishing open is mostly paid to the angling club who run the waters I fish, and that to me is the equivalent of paying a club to keep the football pitch free of weeds. (I pay about twice to the club what I pay to the EA)

The keeping free of weeds of public football pitches I pay for out of my council tax and my income tax and VAT payments. That, to me, is the equivalent of the EA's role. The difference is, I don't play football, but I still have to pay for it.

Edited by Steve Walker