Soccer World Cup 2010 Fever

Elton

I can't help thinking that hosting the World Cup in SA is just bull-dung PC politics. They are not a footballing nation. Shoot me down in flames......LOL

South Africa’s Tourism is set to reach an all time high now that Germany has handed over the hosting of the FIFA Soccer World Cup 2010 to the nation that has triumphed over apartheid, comments SA-Venues.com.

South Africa’s official World Cup logo has been unveiled, all the host stadiums and cities have been announced and sponsors have come to the party. Indeed, South Africa intends to make 2010 the most successful World Cup ever. As Thabo Mbeki mentioned in his recent speech in Berlin, it will be a celebration of Africa’s “splendour, its vibrancy, its uniqueness and its diversity.”

“This is our chance to pull out all the stops and show the world the full range of beauty in the country; the variety of the different cultures of our rainbow nation and just how South Africa will host the cup in its own distinctive way,” said Christine Searle of SA-Venues.com.

According to South African Tourism’s latest annual report, over 7.3 million international visitors entered the country last year. With South Africans’ eyes set on the World Cup, investment in guesthouses, lodges and bed and breakfasts is on the increase, which translates into economic growth and job creation.

Tourism is already outperforming other more traditional sectors, like mining, in the local economy and South Africa, although already a vacation favourite for Europeans, is now becoming the focus of other nations in the wake of soccer fever.

“People are discovering that we have world-class attractions at surprisingly affordable prices,” says Searle.

South Africa is home to some of the world’s greatest wildlife refuges, such as Kruger Park and Hluhluwe and Umfolozi Game Reserve. These vast parks are filled with the Big 5 along with exotic birds and other animals. Game lodges and animal preservation are important in South Africa and a huge draw card for international visitors.

“More and more malaria-free wildlife viewing is becoming available in a safe, comfortable and politically stable environment, which is significant for visitors,” adds Christine.

Soccer fans can travel the region easily, from Cape Town to Cairo, Kruger Park to Kilimanjaro. South African Airways and other international airlines offer regularly-scheduled flights between the major centres.

South Africa Travel is an easy-to-use online guide, designed to help anyone effortlessly plan their trip to South Africa. There are comprehensive, searchable directories of hotels and accommodation, as well as advice on how to rent cars, book safaris and more. The extensive site hosts accommodation ranging from world-class hotels to luxurious African game lodges.

See the site at http://www.SA-Venues.com/

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Unless it's in the 27th row, upper tier ;)

Elton i kind of agree with you, but i think its for statitics, only 10% of visitors to africa were kidnapped during the world cup :headhurt:

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

Doesnt matter much where the goal is. Lampard will still miss it :(

That's why we couldn't hold it in England. Judging by how long it's taking to finish Wembley Stadium, any delay in getting ready would incur penalties, and we're crap at them. :)

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

There is a FIFA World Cup before that chaps :)

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Elton,

Gotta disagree with you there - SA is very much a footballing nation. It is much more common amongst the black community but there are lots of scorched earth football grounds all over the place. They may not be the best in the world but I wouldn't be suprised if politics doesn't affect the team selection which in turn messes things up.

I would however suggest that there may have been better African nations to have chosen from a footballing perspective.

Rob.

No doubt Nelson Mandela will be there in another of his hideously loud shirts! :lol:

Well lets put it this way. I don't give a tinkers CUSS where the games take place!! I only know I have umpteen flags to shift and around 50 LARGE flags!! Mind you, the flags cost me 10p each from TESCO!! :P So I can stand that!!

Having said that the local Post Office is STILL offering flags at £1.59 each!!! Down from £1.89!!! :headhurt: So hope for me yet!!??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))