Disgorgers

Ali MacDonald

Dear Readers,

I feel that I must apologise to you and especially the originator of this thread Ali, for the inane ramblings of the IoW member. I must take partial blame for his outbursts, because I, along with some other members, do tend to encourage him, by tolerating and even replying to his child like grasp of the outside world. ( I assure you we do this through pity and a sense of 'care in the community' towards the poor soul). To be able to understand his situation, you must first know something of the history of his tribe. Their most recent beliefs centre around the finding of two books, the first was a Compendium of The Works of Enid Blyton, and the second and most recent was, a Fraggle Rock Annual. These two book are the basis of a system the guides their lives. Most of the members know of his obsession with Toytown and it's inhabitants, and his use of the little yellow car and blue hat with a little bell on it. The addition of this latest book, has brought a new dimension to his sheltered existence. You will have noticed that he didn't recognise the word 'school', well I take the blame for that. If I had said 'learning circle' or 'story time' then he would have grasped the concept. It seems that the custom of tribal elders gathering the children in a circle to tell of their adventures, has progressed to him (being an elder him self), assuming the mantle of 'Uncle Travelling Man' and relating the events that happen on his exploration of the island. During one of these trips, Ferrari (his donkey) went lame and he had to stop at an old abandoned shed for the night. Inside, he found a strange machine and began to play with it, unbeknown to him it was a PC left there by some missionaries who had recently left the island, after trying to convert the natives to sanity. Unfortunately, one of the missionaries was an angler an had been lurking on AN, hence his appearance on this forum. You will notice that among his ramblings the odd post makes a sort of sense. This is because, of the thousands of posts he sends, various on line security measures take out the majority, and the law of averages say that some posts must make the grade.

( something about monkeys, typewriters and the works of William Shakespeare spring to mind). This explains his disappearance from the airwaves for long periods, when all his posts are blocked. The recent lightening strikes have caused his absence, not because of the likelihood of a strike, but because he thinks that the Gods are angry, and as an elder he must go find a virginal young female, to sacrifice. He must test their virginity, but the method that he uses makes the name no longer applicable to the young ladies, and his finds are getting rarer all the time. This post is taking too long, and my curried black pudding is getting cold, so I will hopefully leave you with the knowledge that, this poor unfortunate needs your support, not condemnation, it's the duty of us all to take care of those less fortunate than ourselves, and as long as he directs his diatribe mainly at me then, you have no need to fear him. I will continue to support his case as long as I am able, and trust that one of you will take up the cause when my mind eventually implodes.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

John

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before you move the thread to Off-topic, please answer my question about slammos and flower types.

I know you've all got carried away with Pigeons and crayons and such like, and I didn't like to mention it before (in case Gozzer and Huge got too excited), but I'd quite like to know.

Many thanks :)

killjoy woz ere

Before you move the thread to Off-topic, please answer my question about slammos and flower types.

I've often noticed that supplementary questions get ignored, you might have to start a new topic to find out. :unsure:

There you go, someone's bound to answer now, just to make me look even more stupid. :D

Yes Uni ignore Ayjay he is totally stupid! :D

Uni,Slammo's look like a large needle eye with a gap in it good for eels.

Ive seen the flower/tulip shaped ones you mention (mainly abroad) but haver never used them so dont know their advantages/disadvantages.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Hi uni' sorry about all that rubbish it's the heat you know, but like Budgie I've not used the tulip shaped onesbut here's a picture of a slammo, it might give you a better idea of how it works.

post-8097-1154023688_thumb.jpg

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• 9 months later...

Anyone know where to get small slamos ?

I assume they must make them as Bob Nudd uses them. The ones i got on Ebay were huge. Aquamania lists 2 kinds but want to charge £5 p&p for 50p item.

Tony

Sorry rarepleasures I can't help you with your hunt for a small slammo, however I'm glad that you brought this thread back to the top as it always makes me smile.

A year ago I wrote I usually use an alloy disgorger that I've had since I was a kid unfortunately I managed to lose it a couple of weeks ago. Whilst I went out and bought a replacement I'm still really gutted that I managed to lose that - I had been using it for over 20 years. Silly how you can get attached to a little bit of kit isn't it.

It has certainly made me smile to re read this thread!!!! I only ever use a slamo now

try Bennets of Sheffield they have a big online site

my local tackle shop sells Slamo's next time i go in I will get a small one for you if possible...... we will have gozzer and the mad gentleman from the Isle of Wight posting...... :clap2:

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

It has certainly made me smile to re read this thread!!!! I only ever use a slamo now

my local tackle shop sells Slamo's next time i go in I will get a small one for you if possible...... we will have gozzer and the mad gentleman from the Isle of Wight posting...... :clap2:

It brings a smile to my face as well Judy, but it's unlikely to happen again.

AN has changed since then, and I was made aware that it wasn't to everyones taste.

I too have changed in my posting habits, I'm more stand off these days. I have found that my brand of cynicism and odd sense of humour does not go down too well with some, so it's not worth the hassle. (Maybe I've grown up,................ well maybe not ;) )

I still think that AN is the best angling site I have seen on the net, but as I said, IMO, it has changed.

John.

Hi nursejudy

BOSfish only seem to sell the Maver brand and haven't inc amy photos do you happen to know if these are the knitting needle type or the small type ?

my local tackle shop sells Slamo's next time i go in I will get a small one for you if possible......

Thats very kind, thank you

Edited by rarepleasures

Tony