Disgorgers

Ali MacDonald

As for all those who reccomend just forceps then you must all be far better anglers than me and never catch any small fish!
Not trying to be cheeky, but what do you expect to catch on a size 22 hook? Jaws?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry folks, my router timed out and when i retried I got a "double post".

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

I got quite interested in this discourse on disgorgers so much so that I went into town to the tackle shop and asked if they had the slamo digorger, the owner said no sorry we don't stock those we only have the ordinary ones like this pointing to a selection of disgorgers, and the one he picked up to show me was a slamo, I said that's it, and he said Oh that's it is it...........The only trouble was he only had the large one .... at least I think its a large one because that's all there was, I would think you could get a smaller one than this.

I rather like the idea of these , I can't wait to try it out.

Thank you

Alan

I must be doing something right, I'm still alive

It brings a smile to my face as well Judy, but it's unlikely to happen again.

AN has changed since then, and I was made aware that it wasn't to everyones taste.

I too have changed in my posting habits, I'm more stand off these days. I have found that my brand of cynicism and odd sense of humour does not go down too well with some, so it's not worth the hassle. (Maybe I've grown up,................ well maybe not ;) )

I still think that AN is the best angling site I have seen on the net, but as I said, IMO, it has changed.

John.

i had a stupid grin on my face reading this thread, but i also learnt something as well, :thumbs:

gatso.gif

Guest Rabbit
Sorry rarepleasures I can't help you with your hunt for a small slammo, however I'm glad that you brought this thread back to the top as it always makes me smile.

A year ago I wrote I usually use an alloy disgorger that I've had since I was a kid unfortunately I managed to lose it a couple of weeks ago. Whilst I went out and bought a replacement I'm still really gutted that I managed to lose that - I had been using it for over 20 years. Silly how you can get attached to a little bit of kit isn't it.

Dont think alloy ones are as good as the plastic ones are they?

However I remember seeing an alloy one in the garage the other day It was lying on top of 'Hair' the musical LP. I could ebay them both but would prefer to give you first refusal as a job lot.

Go on make me an offer....

Edited by Rabbit

Guest Rabbit
I got quite interested in this discourse on disgorgers so much so that I went into town to the tackle shop and asked if they had the slamo digorger, the owner said no sorry we don't stock those we only have the ordinary ones like this pointing to a selection of disgorgers, and the one he picked up to show me was a slamo, I said that's it, and he said Oh that's it is it...........The only trouble was he only had the large one .... at least I think its a large one because that's all there was, I would think you could get a smaller one than this.

I rather like the idea of these , I can't wait to try it out.

Thank you

Its Monty Pythons Flying Circus :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Its Monty Pythons Flying Circus :clap2::clap2::clap2:
More like ehe Two Ronnies fork 'andles sketch :rolleyes:

More like ehe Two Ronnies fork 'andles sketch :rolleyes:

Yeah, thats just about what it was like :rolleyes:

Alan

I must be doing something right, I'm still alive

I took a punt on a couple of disgorgers from Harrisons, one turned out to be the small slamo I've seen 'as used by Bob Nudd in AT, the other was like a posh version of a regular disgorger with a slide groove inthe hook retreiving end and aleaf shaped handle.

If anyone wants one of the knitting needle tulip head shaped ones I got on Ebay let me know I have 2 spare. Can't imagine what kind/size fish you'd get to use them on.

Tony