Banjo Lures

DontTellHimPike

I've seen what appears to be the miracle predator lure on tv called a banjo minnow.

Does anyone know if these lures actually work for the likes of medium and larger pike? I don't want to get wrapped up in the hard sell to be met with disappointment and part with £40 for a lure that doesn't do what it says on the tin.

Is there a website for them? I'd like to see a £40 lure!

I haven't seent hem, so can't comment on them, but £40 seems a lot of money to throw up a tree!!!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Its more a selection of lures than 'a' lure. I will point out that I saw this under the afluence of incohol while flicking through 1000 channels of mindless TV puzzles shows and TV shopping channels that seem to occupy every channel after 9pm on a certain satellite broadcasting company. I throw £40 a month at that so in a way I'm used to paying for complete rubbish.

Here's a link to the overview page for the product. It looked ok on TV.

Banjo Minnow

They actually look quite interesting. I hope somebody here has tried them.

Mind you, that first link posted.....I'm a bit worried by a bearded bloke called Babe :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

They've been around for an aweful long time. I still have little bits and pieces of the original kit but I wouldnt rate them as being anything special.

When you buy something like that you always end up paying for a lot of stuff that you'll never use. If I was only fishing for bass then they might be more of a good deal, but a lot of the lures are on the small side for pike. You could spend that much money far more effectively on individual lures and hooks.

Some of the original kit like the hitch hiker coiled screws are produced independently now and I wouldnt be without them. The simplest and most secure way to hook up a small soft bait without it falling off.

20 years ago there was a uniqueness about the Banjo Lures, but the softbait market has now left them way behind.

This is a hitch hiker attached to a homebrew Daiichi swimming jig. the lure is a swirl tail minnow.

post-4124-1153579170_thumb.jpg

Edited by argyll

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'