[Poll Vote] Challenge #17: Pattern and Texture[Poll Vote]

Steve Randles

Photo Challenge #17: Pattern and Texture. For all to vote on  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your top photo

• "My Texture?s" Finepix
    • "holyhock" Dog Fish
    • "Weathered boards" Jan of the 2 Ghillies

Here are my top 3 of the photographs posted, in no particular order.

Congrats to all who entered as you took up the challenge but remember that just because your not in the top three does not mean that your photo is no good. Poll will close at 11.59pm Saturday 29th July when we will have a winner. If we have a tie or draw situation the current Judge will make the final decision.

1. "My Texture's" Finepix

texture0db.jpg

2. "holyhock" Dog Fish

holyhock.jpg

3. "Weathered boards" Jan of the 2 Ghillies

weathered-boards.jpg

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez guys you are making this all just too too hard!!!! Excellent effort everyone.

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Guest Jaybee

Personally I would call it a draw.

I'm not voting on this one as I think that would be unjust to the two I didnt vote for.

Make am exeption and declare all winners - nothing less would be unfair.

Guest Ferret1959

Easy vote.

The one I voted for is an outstanding picture that I wouldn't mind pinching as a desktop back ground.

:)

Nope change that I'm gonna pinch it. ;)

Edited by Ferret1959

I originally penned this under another post, but I think it sums up what I do, and some other not so gifted members might feel.

Having never entered a photo' comp' before, and thinking I might give it a try on this one, I was somewhat overwhelmed by the quality of the entries I saw, that I thought "no way this time".

I will have a go in the future though, if I find the right topic and subject. Well done to you all :thumbs:

PS. I'm still a bit miffed with you lot for being so good :2::2::2:;)

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I'll wait for everyones opinion on this to be sure of my next comment, but I think those who post in here and who take part in the challenge have become more flexible towards their photography and as a result have become so much better because of it. I think having a challenge makes you stop and think how to fulfill the criteria of the challenge.

I've seen some marked improvement right accross the board, what do you all think, are the challenge1s making us take better shots or improve our photography?

Steve...:)

Edited by Steve Randles

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Jan is the photog at our house - I just do rough&ready snaps when fishing.

I have noticed that the comps have improved her 'eye' for potential subjects that fit in with the target.

IMO the level of photos being posted here is overall improving. Some regulars started at excellent and have gotten better. Many others started at good and have moved in to excellent.

This particular comp is especially interesting since 'patterns and textures' sound similar but as we've seen from the entries, can be quite different which has to make the judging really tough.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President