Cheese on toast

Ken L

I was told something a couple of weeks ago and thought it was BS - but I've just tried it and it works brilliantly.

The only thing I dislike about cheese on toast is all the bits of burned bread where it isn't covered with cheese. To avoid this problem, simply fry your cheese on toast!

Prepare your toast (cooked one side or both to taste) and put your sliced cheddar on it. Pick it up and present it to an inverted dry non-stick frying pan. Holding the toast in place, flip it over and put it on the hob on a fairly high heat. It will get a bit greasy as the cheese melts but the bread will soon absorb that and that's a pretty good indicator that it's done.

To check that it's done, pop a plate on top and flip it.

Perfect cheese on toast with a browned top and no burned bits.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I usually toast one side of the bread; then apply cheese to un toasted side, then return under grill..this way you melt the cheese but don't burn the bread.

my fave is marmite cheese on toast...same as above but spread marmite on the un toasted side first, then cheese, then grill!

another great is toasted spread cheese...have you tried that? get a decent primula or whatever..then toast that

• Like 1

Yee gods!

I wouldn't have cheese spread in the house.

I can't stand Marmite either.

I'll often put a smear of brown sauce on the bread before adding the cheese.

Tomato paste with garlic also works as a sort of junkyard pizza.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I like the burned bits

Thinly sliced toms on top as you grill it are nice

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The only thing I dislike about cheese on toast is all the bits of burned bread where it isn't covered with cheese.

The remedy is encapsulated in the complaint. Make sure ALL the toast is covered in cheese

...and serendipity - the bigger the pieces of toast, the more cheese you need to put on !

All it needs after that is some peri-peri , a good dose of freshly ground black pepper, and some Lea and Perrin's

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Yes but then you waste cheese and make a mess of the grill pan.

The frying pan method works better.