Maggot disposal?

Steve Chertsey

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I cannot get to a river, how do I dispose of maggots in the proper way?

Birds eat them you know :) put them on a bird table, if you don't want to keep them for a future trip.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

do what i sometimes do stick them in the boot of your car with he lid barely closed and forget about them for a couple of days

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

got any annoying neighbours ? ,let the blighters free in their cars air vents ;)

another top tip from chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

If I cannot get to a river, how do I dispose of maggots in the proper way?

hehehehe - I like the idea of the air vents. But seriously -

Freeze them. They make a brilliant groundbait additive and certainly work as hookbait.

I've found that if you freeze them 'as is' they look good frozen, but defrost all stringy and manky. Fish will still happily take them as hookbait though. But if you freeze them mixed in with some crumb groundbait they defrost more like their living state and look better as bait. Dunno if the fish give a toss, mind ;)

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

We my usual way of disposing of them is to stick the box of left over maggots in the back garden when I get home, planning on dealing with them "tomorrow"

Tomorrow you forget all about them

Next time you are getting kit ready for a trip, rediscover the box, open one corner and remember what was in it just as the smell hits you, quickly re-seal the lid and seal it in a carrier bag and bin the lot ;-)

Mat

Mat