Keepnets (Unity)

barblesss

"BANG!" That Bob was the sound of you shooting yourself in the foot mate!

Mr M what are "bad angling practices" then? and who should decide what constitutes good or bad? Anglers or non anglers?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"BANG!" That Bob was the sound of you shooting yourself in the foot mate

Go on then Budgie, elaborate for me, but just remember , illegally nicking fish and transporting them across the Country to use as live-baits does not count as a "Choice".

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

One was reading in one of the comics about someone was trialling a microchip being planted inside each fish in the venue and each matchman having a metal ring which would read the chip. Thus the device would hold the tally of the fish, although I don't see how this could give you a total wieght.. which leads me to a second point..

Hmm, RFID tags in fish?

Well, I've thought for a long time that commercial venues were going down this route, so may I suggest we take it to the next level? Some venues already insist on the use of their own bait, so all they need to do is to sell magnetic bait and stock with plastic fish with metal rings attached. Something like this:

P20061.gif

:P

(Not having a go at you, MrM, I just think that commercials are guilty enough of treating fish like plastic commodities without RFID tagging them into the bargain)

Gents - on topic if you please and without the little snipes at one another that seem to be on the increase. Thanks.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I think "Unity" between the various factions (and I think that is the right word) within angling is extremely unlikely to happen. It's hard to see how anglers who treat pike like their new born babies whilst impaling six ounce roach on snap tackle are ever going to get on with those who regard six ounce roach as money earners and kick pike up the bank!

Was there ever real "Unity" between us and the Yanks, or even between the various British regiments, during World War 2? Hardly. And yet I'm not writing this in German, so maybe the need for us to be one big huggy, kissy bunch of poufs is somewhat exaggerated. As long as we all know who the real enemy is, squabbling amongst ourselves will not actually result in the disaster some would have you believe.

I think "Unity" between the various factions (and I think that is the right word) within angling is extremely unlikely to happen. It's hard to see how anglers who treat pike like their new born babies whilst impaling six ounce roach on snap tackle are ever going to get on with those who regard six ounce roach as money earners and kick pike up the bank!

Was there ever real "Unity" between us and the Yanks, or even between the various British regiments, during World War 2? Hardly. And yet I'm not writing this in German, so maybe the need for us to be one big huggy, kissy bunch of poufs is somewhat exaggerated. As long as we all know who the real enemy is, squabbling amongst ourselves will not actually result in the disaster some would have you believe.

While I agee most of your post Colin, my argument all along as been that the various "factions" although not liking or agreeing with each other on methods etc, should be able to accept that there are more ways of angling than their own chosen one. Once we accept our differences and stop 'slating' each other then, and only then, can we have some sort of "unity".

P.S. Maybe I'm asking too much of human nature, but I an dream. Can't I? :)

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

i sometimnes use a keep net sometimes i dont depends on what im fishing for and where im fishing theres nothing worse than lugging a wet carp mesh keepnet miles, as for all this sniping between certain forum members i think i know whats causing it, could it be anything to do with the estrogen hormone levels in the water, seems certain people must have fell in and be changing sex, i thought her indoors pmt was bad {1 week out of 4 isnt bad} but this is taking it to another level. :P

Aint i just :P

Bob you seem to be a bit touchy! I was merely refering to the "faux pas" of saying that catching fish for a second time in 5hours would be stressfull for them.Nothing more nothing less.

I would hope that despite not being very skilled with words it would be clear enough if I am disagreeing with something you say!

Regardless I dont think there was any need to make such a near libelous coment as you did.

Like Peter says you do indeed take things a bit to personel and serious at times.Despite the fact that I for one think the subject of "Angling Unity" is an important one surely doesnt mean that people who are "known to each other" cant lighten the mood slightly with a bit of friendly micky taking?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!