Finished my first instructional fishing video clip!

PhilZenith

Hi Everyone,

A while back i came on the board with a new business idea of creating promotional video clips for fishing related websites such as fisheries and tackle makers.

Well, the idea is now fully off the ground, and ive got a few jobs under my belt!

The latest one is with "Spectre Floats", an ingenius method of catching carp with a brand new float design.

Here's a link to the clip - http://www.spectrefloats.co.uk/html/tips___video.html

The guys at Spectre floats were very happy with it, but i just wanted to know if anyone could just check it out for me and let me know if thought it was helpful or not.

Im always on the look out for new jobs to do btw, so if theres people out there involved in fisheries or tackle/float makers then please get in touch with me.

Thanks for reading, and i apologise if this is frowned upon as spam. Just trying to get something going!!

-Phil

WTV

Hi Ferret,

Unfortunatley mate, i dont work for spectre floats and the freebies they offered me i left in their office! (DOH!)

I

WTV

Hi Phil,

Really enjoyed watching that!

I used to work for Gardner Tackle, and still in touch with the guys there.

If you want to contact me, I can point you towards the person who might be interested in your services.

Just let me know

philzenith the video is very good, for someone like me who has never seen spectre floats in action, i know know all about them. also your from leicester aren't ya?

hi zenith,

The guys who make spectre floats (lance rathbone) is based in leceister yeah, but im in St.Neots in Cambs.

I Travel all over the country though!

WTV

I don't know if you are responsible for the whole thing, or just the video, but for what it's worth here are my thoughts an the subject.

Hi Phil, IMO the video did it's job, demonstrating and endorsing a product that will appeal to anyone who enjoys that style of angling. The only problem I have is with the advert it's self, and the "no matter what sort of angler you are" message. This is another tool, to enable a certain type of angler in a certain situation to catch fish. It appears to do this well. But, (me being the cynic I am) can see novices and the more gullible amongst us, thinking that it is another 'super method' that will guarantee fish. I wish advertisers would recognise and admit that no such piece of equipment exists, and without a good grounding in the basics of angling, no piece of equipment will stop anyone struggling to catch.

John

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Thats a reasonable point John.

But I cannot see that it is the company's job to weed out the dimwitted minority.

if we took all other sales/promotional advertising (such as that for Cars as an example) at face value....we could be killed!

With them going on about speed, safety features etc.

Many gullible people would think that you can drive @ 150mph in your car, without a care in the world, because it has lots of safety equipment onboard!

I think someone would have to be VERY gullible and inexperienced to the point of having never been fishing in their lives, to feel 'cheated' by this advert personally.

Just my opinion of course :)