UKKA website help...

Artfulfisher

Hi YY and fellow yakfishers,

I’m afraid I’m going to have to throw in the towel so to speak, with regards to the UKKA website etc. :( Unfortunately work commitments and family duties are quite simply leaving me with no time to attend to this pressing matter. I thought that more time would become available, however it just seems to be getting less likely. Don’t get me wrong I’m very happy to be busy on the work front, and the family are never a chore, always a joy...but I ain’t getting UKKA sorted while I’m doing other things...and that’s unacceptable....and frankly driving me mad!!!

Now I see from YY’s logo posting, that many are interested in the UKKA, which is just great and highlights the importance of getting on with the site...and by the way some very nice logo designs too! :) So now we need somebody to help us out on the web side of things.

I have purchased the domain ukka.co.uk for a period of 2 years. I had also purchased hosting, but I have had to transfer this to my own business. Obviously we are only looking for a simple site, and I’m sure many of the computer literate of you out there may even have access to free hosting and webspace through your internet service providers.

I have already written a complete Introduction and Disclaimer to the UKKA for the website and indeed the Safety page (all open to change, but it's a good first draft). All we need is somebody with the talent...and of course the time, to bring it all together.

Sorry to be letting the side down but I do feel I have spent too long on the project already, without producing a result. I’m sure somebody with a little more time will do us proud, in half the time!

So if anybody would like to help please let us know and we’ll sort out the details....forgive me if I’m not too quick on the response as I’m having trouble finding time to even get onto AN!!!

Anyway cheers for now, and Tite lines,

Art

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no worries art, i know how that goes...

i've got space, i dont know about repointing your URL to it, but i'm sure that can be done.

If anyone wants to PM me about it if their up for it then fine...think its got something daft like 20gb/month bandwidth etc...if anything we can always put test pages up.

Sound ok? whos the man with the plan?

Hi GF,

I'll bet you know all about time problems being in the bizz!!!

URL wise...the domain is unused at present, it's just 'parked' so to speak. I'm not sure if you have to personally own the domain to use the URL???...if so, I can sign it over, although Nominet haven't sent out the certificate yet, which has the transfer bit on the back.

The other option is that I've got free web forwarding on the parked domain....so I could redirect to any URL you care to mention...easier in the short term, I guess. :)

Thanks for the offer of the space though...I'm sure our little site will hardly be noticed in that 20Gb!!!

Now who's got a little time and talent, to stitch a few pages together...GF's got the space...I've got some words and the URL...YY's got some logos...we've all got pics!!!....don't be shy now...there's a little website tinker out there somewhere! :D

cheers, Art...I'm still at work too GF!!!

Art,

No problems,I can see where your comeing from.

Sorry the site has become a problem for you.

With work and the family to take care of, you dont need this on top

On that note, for the bennifit of UKKA, it would be better for you to contact Nominet for the certificate that you are due.

As you said this could then be signed over to G.F

I dont think it fair that you should be updateing info to the site with your present commitments.

As you have said, you hardly have the time to get on AN, so GF needs to have his finger right on the pulse, and not rely on a third party.

Im sure you and Starvinmarvin can see the reasoning behind this :)

Thanks for trying it out though.

Yakity.

Hi Guys,

thanks for the reply YY. I have been in touch with Nominet. Apparently now they no longer accept the certificate transfer found on the reverse...so it's not a problem that I haven't received it yet! :)

I have had to send off for a 'Transfer of Domain Name Registration Form'...I'll let you know when that mouth full turns up!

Then we'll make sure who wants to own the domain...as GF hasn't actually asked for it...he's just kindly donated some web space. I'm not sure how these things work really...whether it's better for our new webmaster (who ever that is) to own the domain...or the owner of the web space, GF in other words.

Anyway we've got time to sort that out...I'm sure the forms will take a few days to come through. However we do want to get it right, as it's going to cost me thirty pounds to make the transfer.

Anyhow, I'll wait for the forms and take it from there. :)

cheers for now,

Art

Art,

Thanks for being upfront and helping to transfer everything to the new Web Master, I would offer to get it rolling, but having similar demands to yourself and all ready running AnglersAfloat, I don't think it would be ethical to run the UKKA site as well.

Having said that if anyone needs any help, I will do what ever I can.

:):):)

Starvinmarvin

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hi Art, Starvin.

Im chatting to GF, regarding the ukka site.

As I have said all along, I do not think the ukka site should owned and opperated by one person alone.

There are a couple of reasons for that.

One of the reasons is, sometimes peoples views, and interests change,along with health and circumstances which could result in the loss of the site.

There needs to be a joint ownership, on behalf of ukka,and all our Kayakfishing friends.

In other words a safe gaurd.

I have offered to be joint owner with GF.

Art, any expences you have incrred, I will sort out, with the help of GF, if thats acceptable to him.

As I said we are talking about it, and will let you all know asap what has been decided.

It will then be up to all to agree with the plans.

Yakity.

Hi Starvin.

I think your desision not to put yourself forward for nomination, to help with ukka site is a good idea.

From previous conversations with you ,I know you lead a busey life too.

Also with "Anglers Afloat" to run and keep up with, you may have found yourself a little stretched.

Also you will be hung, drawn, and quartered if you dont finnish the loo

Yakity.