Israel - some facts

Newt

To the best of my knowledge, these are accurate. They don't seem to be the sort of thing mentioned in the media lately though as they seem to be having more fun Israel-bashing..

1. Israel first became a state in 1312 B.C., two millennia before Islam.

2. Arab refugees from Israel began calling themselves "Palestinians" in 1967, two decades after (modern) Israeli statehood.

3. After conquering the land in 1272 B.C., Jews ruled it for a thousand years and maintained a continuous presence there for 3,300 years.

4. The only Arab rule following conquest in 633 B.C. lasted just 22 years.

5. For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem was the Jewish capital. It was never the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity. Even under Jordanian rule, (east) Jerusalem was not made the capital, and no Arab leader came to visit it.

6. Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in the bible, but not once is it mentioned in the Qur’an.

7. King David founded Jerusalem. Mohammed never set foot in it.

8. Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Muslims face Mecca. If they are between the two cities, Muslims pray facing Mecca, with their backs to Jerusalem.

9. In 1948, Arab leaders urged their people to leave, promising to cleanse the land of Jewish presence. 68% of them fled without ever setting eyes on an Israeli soldier.

10. Virtually the entire Jewish population of Muslim countries had to flee as the result of violence and pogroms.

11. Some 630,000 Arabs left Israel in 1948, while close to a million Jews were forced to leave the Muslim countries.

12. In spite of the vast territories at their disposal, Arab refuges were deliberately prevented from assimilating into their host countries. Of 100 million refugees following World War 2, they are the only group to have never integrated with their coreligionists. Most of the Jewish refugees from Europe and Arab lands were settled in Israel, a country no larger than New Jersey.

13. There are 22 Muslim countries, not counting Palestine. There is only one Jewish state. Arabs started all five wars against Israel, and lost every one of them.

14. Fatah and Hamas constitutions still call for the destruction of Israel. Israel ceded most of the west bank and all of Gaza to the Palestinian authority, and even provided it with arms.

15. During the Jordanian occupation, Jewish holy sites were vandalized and were off limits to Jews. Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and Christian holy sites are accessible to all faiths.

16. Out of 175 United Nations Security Council resolutions up to 1990, 97 were against Israel. Out of 690 general assembly resolutions, 429 were against Israel.

17. The U.N. was silent when the Jordanians destroyed 58 synagogues in the old city of Jerusalem. It remained silent while Jordan systematically desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetery on the mount of olives, and it remained silent when Jordan enforced apartheid laws preventing Jews from accessing the temple mount and western wall.

These are trying times. We must ask ourselves what we should be doing, and what we will tell our grandchildren about our actions during this crisis, when we had the chance to make a difference.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VERY thought provoking Newt!! But I don't have 20 friends!? Bet I know a man from the I.o.W who does though!!! :rolleyes:

[admin note: Oops - didn't mean for those last bits to be there. Got in a hurry. Gone now. Thanks Chris.

Newt]

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Nuke israil along with the rest of the middle east, tarmac the lot and turn it in to one masive carpark. And thats the only way to bring piece to the region.

Bloody stupid religions.

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

well i waited and waited and waited and thought YES a middle east free zone yes its a shame blah blah blah

people dying yada yada yada then someone could have been anyone went and spoilt it :yucky::yucky:

my twopenneth worth not interested in the politics or who started it pull out all non middle east nationals who want to leave use the worlds armies to encircle said area and let the fe**ers kill each other as there all as bad as one and other and we'll keep sending then billions of pounds which will never get spent properly

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com

Guest Ferret1959
Nuke israil along with the rest of the middle east, tarmac the lot and turn it in to one masive carpark. And thats the only way to bring piece to the region.

Bloody stupid religions.

Dean, why?

I'm sure there are plenty innocent folk there who would not like your ideas.

Hey lets just nuke Birmingham, plenty of differant religions there if that's the problem.

Dean, why?

I'm sure there are plenty innocent folk there who would not like your ideas.

Hey lets just nuke Birmingham, plenty of differant religions there if that's the problem.

all religons should be band.....nothing but trouble , my gods better than your god, so what.

and yep im up for nukin brum,..... west brom aswell :yeah:

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

Guest Ferret1959
all religons should be band.....nothing but trouble , my gods better than your god, so what.

and yep im up for nukin brum,..... west brom aswell :yeah:

Are all wars anything to do with God?

What grounds would nuking the Middle East would you use?

Because of religion??????? :rolleyes::rolleyes: