Israel - some facts

Newt

The average American is as qualified to give a view on the Arab-Israeli conflct as they were on the IRA situation, amazing what clarity a few thousand miles bring you. The Israelis are as big a bunch of shites as you could wish to meet, I spent most of 2003 in Israel and found it home to the most evil narrow minded pricks I have yet to meet.

Jeepster, i'm shocked! :o:o:o:D

btw - err........if I posted a statement like that about Mus.....Musl.....Musli......you know what I mean, how come i'd be a raci.....racis......that other 'orrible word.

(NOT muesli :) )

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brumagem Phil
Jeepster, i'm shocked! :o:o:o:D

btw - err........if I posted a statement like that about Mus.....Musl.....Musli......

he was a famous Italian general wasnt he?

ofcourse jews were given this "house" but the landlord wants it back :rolleyes:

This is the nub of the problem, we gave something away that was not ours to give. We are agreeing far to much these days mate.

Just out of curiosity though, when did Brittany belong to us?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I am going to state this after reading what Newt has posted.

In life you only end everything completely by defeating your opposition, this i feel is my all embracing view.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Just out of curiosity though, when did Brittany belong to us?

William the Conqueror claimed both Brittany and Normandy for the English throne after 1066. In 1152, Henry II married Eleanor of Aquitaine, which strengthened the English hold over much of NW France. During the 100 Years War, various French provinces went back & forth between English and French control, and eventually Britanny was annexed by France in 1532.

Some Bretons apparently still feel closer to the Cornish than the French in ethnic origin, and they can understand each other's languages.

In life you only end everything completely by defeating your opposition, this i feel is my all embracing view.

The Romans once completely defeated the Jews. Nothing is forever. It's impossible to kill every one of your "enemies".

An Irish Republican song (My Own Native Land) has the lines "The Irish they found were like wild creeping flowers; the faster you cut them, the faster they grow".

I just received an email that I liked and that pretty well sums up my feelings. I doubt it will prove too popular and feel free to beat up on me for being such a (insert your own, favourite pejorative term here).

The trouble with these sort of modern parables, Newt, is that they only work by presenting situations in stark black and white. Most (impartial) people accept that the Middle East crisis is very far from that, and is a mess of ever-changing shades of grey.

Inconvenient, but true.

The Romans once completely defeated the Jews. Nothing is forever. It's impossible to kill every one of your "enemies".

An Irish Republican song (My Own Native Land) has the lines "The Irish they found were like wild creeping flowers; the faster you cut them, the faster they grow".

Hello DavyR,

The Romans after they as you say"completely defeated the Jews" have to my knowledge had no "or little" problems with them since. My point exactly.

I do not understand creative lyrics its a bit like Elton singing Daniel my brother, Meaningless

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Nice story newt, but what if the diminutive sailor had ignored the bully and instead gone and beat up the guys wife and kids?

Or lets imagine it was a knife fight and this diminutive sailor in his frenzy of slashing slashed a few of your shipmates to death.

Would you still feel the same way?

I'm not anti semetic and think what happened to the Jews in the war was deplorable BUT that doesnt give them the right to practically ethnically cleanse Lebanon as they are now.

The world held great sympathy for the plight of the Jews, but that sympathy is slowly but surely changing to disgust around the world.

Islam is often cited as the religion of hatred, hostility and intolerance........one only has to see whats going on in Lebanon right now to see it not the only religion which could have those charges levelled at it.

Still, I'll say one thing.........its a VERY thorny issue and its a credit to this board that its been discussed in a civil manner (despite one member trying his hardest to stir it up)

PS....whilst reading the news tonight I found this (source was myway, a US news channel).......its kind of interesting as from a strictly numerical and military point of view you could say that hezbollah have the moral high ground in the civilians v military deaths stakes. You'd never believe it though looking at some of the news footage (Fox news for example). Still, I guess people will see what they want to see.

"At least 548 Lebanese have been killed since the fighting began three weeks ago, including 477 civilians and 25 Lebanese soldiers and at least 46 Hezbollah guerrillas. The health minister says the toll could be as high as 750, including those still buried in rubble or missing.

In all, 55 Israelis have died - 36 soldiers as well as 19 civilians killed in Hezbollah rocket attacks."

Nice story newt, but what if the diminutive sailor had ignored the bully and instead gone and beat up the guys wife and kids? :blink:

You amaze me each post, there's always something idiotic you add, I must be an idiot chattin to one. :(

Edited by Casey

Hello DavyR,

The Romans after they as you say"completely defeated the Jews" have to my knowledge had no "or little" problems with them since. My point exactly.

I do not understand creative lyrics its a bit like Elton singing Daniel my brother, Meaningless

I didn't think it was that difficult to understand. The Romans defeated but failed to annihilate the Jews (as did Hitler). Unless you completely destroy every living individual (probably impossible), they will spring up again eventually.

The Jews (as is well documented) became spread around the world (the "diaspora") and only after many centuries became a cohesive nation again. By that time, the Roman Empire was long gone and no longer a threat or a presence in the Middle East, so you could say that the Jews "won" by outlasting them as a force to be reckoned with.

I was simply pointing out that wars and genocide never "finish" situations as you were suggesting.