Neoprene wader repair

Butt Banger

Chaps

I have a nice pair of Snowbee neoprene waders that have sprung a leak at the rear where 3 seams meet in the bottom of the bum area.Closer inspection revealed the stitching has come undone slightly and there is a 1 inch tear in the neoprene (but under the membrane that covers the neoprene).Will a repair kit sort this out?I don't really want to have to splash out on a new pair unless absloutely necessary.

Cheers

BB

Chaps

I have a nice pair of Snowbee neoprene waders that have sprung a leak at the rear where 3 seams meet in the bottom of the bum area.Closer inspection revealed the stitching has come undone slightly and there is a 1 inch tear in the neoprene (but under the membrane that covers the neoprene).Will a repair kit sort this out?I don't really want to have to splash out on a new pair unless absloutely necessary.

Cheers

BB

Look for a product called aqua seal

http://www.macs.com.au/images/aqua%20seal%20std.jpg

Used to repair wetsuits and the like, The fix will be stronger that the original material

Paul Singleton

Chaps

Cheers

BB

How old are your waders?. You might be able to get a replacement pair if the leak is as a result of a manufacturing fault. If not, acquaseal is as good as any product to repair them with.

Just got the Aquaseal off Ebay.Will see what a liberal amount of that does.Fingers crossed.

Cheers for the help guys.

BB

Once you open the tube, keep it in the freezer or it will set in the tube. It's good stuff, my thigh waders are more Aquaseal than PVC.

Personally mate ,i would bin them , and treat yersell to a new pair , ive had three pair of neoprenes now and everypair have all ended up with a leak exactly at the same spot as yours and one pair ,the sole ripped off due to walking on sand reg and not lifting me feet up properly resulting in the full sole catching at the front and tearing straight off (that was the felt sole type though) and i tried to repair all of them with aqua seal and other stuff but it just didnt work (maybe has somthing to do with the locationof the leak were all seams are , you would be best to just cut and convert make them into thigh waders, and get some new greys appolo neoprenes , theve done away with the three seams meeting under yer arse by way of a big circular patch and the boots are more neoprene making them flexible and the soles are proper soles with tungsten studs ,making them ideal for the rocks ,well thats what i did , cheers

OI OI,

bloke i know works as a tyer fitter & assures me he repairs his at work, i know he has a few patches on them im sure he said somthing about valcanising hope this help's.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite