Neoprene wader repair

Butt Banger

OI OI,

bloke i know works as a tyer fitter & assures me he repairs his at work, i know he has a few patches on them im sure he said somthing about valcanising hope this help's.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

vulcanizing is where two rubbers are welded together under extreme tempretures and pressur cuasing one continiuos manbraine,

we use this method on our roofing systems.

vulcanizing

EPDM is the rubber membrane.

Edited by kempo

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

I've ripped my neoprene boots on barbed wire and one of them now leaks. Would Aquasure or something similar be suitable for repairing such damage or is it suitable just for a narrow split?

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I've ripped my neoprene boots on barbed wire and one of them now leaks. Would Aquasure or something similar be suitable for repairing such damage or is it suitable just for a narrow split?

iv just emailed my tech depot to see if our rubber membrane is compatible with neoprene, and if so i have a tone of rubber in my store that is free to anglers if the glue is ok for neoprene then i will post and let them know.

Edited by kempo

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Aquasure/Aquaseal is tailor made for such damage steve, It can be used to fill large holes by laying a piece of card or similar under the hole and filling in the gap. I filled quite a bit of mouse damage on my neoprene this year and one of the holes was a good 2 inch round hole.

Paul Singleton

Cheers, Singy. :)

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Steve Aquasure is a great product.I think it works even better on neoprene than it does on normal rubber waders and boots.If the split is in an area of extreme (cant think f the word!) somewhere where it will constantly being flexed and the Aquasure doesnt do the job your local Dive centre should be able to help.Many do repairs or have a repair service for wet suits and can patch and seal.Ive not used them but if all else fails try the one at Folkestone Harbour (in the arches).

Dive shops are the best bet when the arse goes on the seams in your chesties.

That said Ive very rarely found Aquasure not to workon rips and tears.Preparing the area around the repair is the secret to ensure it bonds.Clean it thouroughly,degrease it and rough the surface up.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Thanks, Budgie. :)

• 2 years later...

Not sure if this is the same stuff as Aquasure, but a friend recently repaired his waders with Stormsure:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Tackle-And-Bai.../stormsure.html

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE