Who is fishing ?

BobH

Currently chubbing (and blanking) at a high and coloured river, if I'd known bit looked like this I'd have stayed at home!

Why would this be? We haven't had that much rain recently. I fished the Ock on Sunday expecting a nice clear river, it was anything but. The session turned into a recce with the occasional dabble, I doubt anything saw my maggots.

Edited by Rusty

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Currently chubbing (and blanking) at a high and coloured river, if I'd known bit looked like this I'd have stayed at home!

That's exactly why i'm not bothering until things improve. Even if the river was flowing at a nice level and colour etc the actual weather is pretty awfull round these parts...really heavy rain and hail showers with a varying wind that bites through the clothing !

Fingers crossed for a break from the wind and the rain and some decent weather soon !

That's exactly why i'm not bothering until things improve. Even if the river was flowing at a nice level and colour etc the actual weather is pretty awfull round these parts...really heavy rain and hail showers with a varying wind that bites through the clothing !

Fingers crossed for a break from the wind and the rain and some decent weather soon !

Tigger

It's been mild down south and I don't mind a bit of colour in the rivers.

Barbel time on the Lea :bleh:

Bob

Out tomorrow on the canal at burghfield dropshotting for perch and chub, depending on conditions I might try and get an evening after barbel between Christmas and New year if not it will just be a few more ventures dropshotting

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Think I'll be getting out on the 29th and dusting off the Pike Bait gear and drift a few Broads on the Kayak. :)

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

Tigger

It's been mild down south and I don't mind a bit of colour in the rivers.

Barbel time on the Lea :bleh:

Bob

If the river was just coloured up a bit that wouldn't be a problem Bob, but my local rivers look like hot chocolate with lots of debries coming down on and below the surface making the visability not more than several inches at best. Plus the nasty wind which kills the pleasure for me. A few days without rain and if the wind dropps off a little and i'll be out there myself :).

Barbel are still catchable round here also but they don't oblige anything like so easy as in the warmer months. Catching them on the float would be unusual at this time of year even if the conditions where more suited (round these parts that is).

Good Luck Tigger, I will have to get up there next year and have a fish with Alan and yourself ?

I don't mind it in full flood, mind I would be legering bit bit's of flavoured meat or boilies and back leading to keep the line out off the flow, but it's certainly not as enjoyable as trotting or touch legering for the species !!

Bob

Good Luck Tigger, I will have to get up there next year and have a fish with Alan and yourself ?

I don't mind it in full flood, mind I would be legering bit bit's of flavoured meat or boilies and back leading to keep the line out off the flow, but it's certainly not as enjoyable as trotting or touch legering for the species !!

Bob

A days fishing with Alan and yourself would be great Bob...anytime you fancy it just give Alan or myself a shout :).

I do enjoy a bit of legering Bob but my favourite method is trotting as I think you'll know. In the present conditions the better option would most deffinatly be legering.