Who is fishing ?

BobH

Just back from a cracking morning's trotting - 2 dozen grayling to 1¼lb. Lovely day to be out!

C.

Chris did you see any Pike if you went where I assume you went?? a right lump sat behind one of the groynes when I was there the other day in fact lots of esox in the river that day

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Spent a few hours wandering around Speen Moors today, the low winter sun lit the venue up and was just warm enough to negate the need for handwarmers, it really was a beautiful day to be roaming around the riverbank. Didn't find the chub I was after but did catch troot and perch, a bit surprised by the latter because I thought the water would be too cold but they were present and feeding in a reliable corner swim. The last 1/2 hour was spent dangling lobs in a lock cut, the float sailed away time after time but I didn't hit any of the bites. I'm sure it wasn't crayfish, the bites were too fast.

Now looking forward to glugging bubbles while I prepare a roast pheasant dinner.

• Like 2

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Chris did you see any Pike if you went where I assume you went?? a right lump sat behind one of the groynes when I was there the other day in fact lots of esox in the river that day

I wasn't where I think you thought I was - and you're right there is a lot of Pike in that bit atm. (I was further upstream - entertaining the parents and kiddies on the swings - who came rushing over everytime I caught a fish!)

C.

Edited by Chris Plumb

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Managed a 3lb jack pike while shad lure fishing on the river. Sadly not had much time to fish at all this break.

Maybe next year?

Click here to Visit St Ives Tackle 

apple-touch-icon.webp

Popped to a local pond today after I was assured by the local tackle shop halfwit that it was not frozen over.....

After smashing the 1/2 inch thick ice with my landing net pole I managed to catch some good roach and perch.

Can't grumble that much!

• Like 1

Fished the canal for a few hours this morning, was -3 when I arrived! Had nothing until last cast when I hooked what I assume was a decent pike which just pulled off upstream taking line then took off like a jet and opened out my jig head :( oh well that's it now until Feb I think

• Like 1

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Another Speen Moors session (once the temperature had got up) this time with bread and quivertip. Nothing from the targeted APFA swim but a chub and two brownies from a large weirpool. The chub came just as a family were walking past so a couple of toddlers got their first look at a fish out of water today.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Went out yesterday managed a mid double Pike but the Chub failed to trouble the scorecards

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: