Who is fishing ?

BobH

Spent most of the morning sorting out dinner for Thursday & Friday and only got to the river at about midday. Two trots in and the screw securing the spindle on the Witcher loosened and fell out leaving me rummaging around in the earth for more time than I’d spent fishing. I didn’t have the right sized screwdriver with me and neither did the adjacent retail outlet so the trip was aborted.

A dab of threadlock and the reel’s now fixed so I’ll be back tomorrow on a fantastic looking Kennet, a little high and fast but not too much colour so I’ll be targeting the slower water.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

We will be having a small match, about 10 pegs, on my lake on boxing day.

It is my best chance of actually winning when I have the home advantage.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Went out a few days ago for some trotting on the bread, but found the river chocolate and bombing through. I held the float in a slack on the far side with a worm for half an hour, then the line stripped from my fingers and I hooked into a large fish, that took me down into the snags. Lost the lot and went home. A couple of working parties coming up, so I'll leave the river to settle down again.

Rusty

The rod is a Ryan Burns Barbel, the Reel is a Hardy Altex, the Net is a 50 year old West Essex Specimen Hunter Net made by, Ray Taylor, Lenny Savage and Roy Child, which I renovated the year before last, the handle was made for me last year by Chapmans of Ware to go with the net and finished by me !!

Bob

post-1161-0-48435800-1419405899_thumb.jpg

post-1161-0-01265000-1419406010_thumb.jpg

post-1161-0-83272700-1419406195_thumb.jpg

Edited by BobH

Rusty

The rod is a Ryan Burns Barbel, the Reel is a Hardy Altex, the Net is a 50 year old West Essex Specimen Hunter Net made by, Ray Taylor, Lenny Savage and Roy Child, which I renovated the year before last, the handle was made for me last year by Chapmans of Ware to go with the net and finished by me !!

Bob

Although i'm not really a lover of cane rods for actually using I can still see the attraction and that one does look very nice B) . I've always liked the look of those old Hardy reels but thankfully i've managed to stop myself going down that route...lol.

Although i'm not really a lover of cane rods for actually using I can still see the attraction and that one does look very nice B) . I've always liked the look of those old Hardy reels but thankfully i've managed to stop myself going down that route...lol.

Tigger

To be honest the Altex is not a patch on the Ambidex or the Mitchells, but I like using it on the Barbel rod, it looks the nut's :sun:

I'm not a Cane freak or a traditionalist, but it suits the venue and they are a pleasure to play fish on.

Horses for courses, I love my new Shimano Baitrunners as well and would love a pin like the one you use.

Funny how you can appreciate all types of tackle and methods, without becoming to anal about it all !!

Have a good one mate.

Bob

The rod is a Ryan Burns Barbel,.............

I've read and heard good things about Ryan Burns, popular opinion is that the finish of his rods is right up there. A rod builder whose reputation is gathering pace.

His economy rods look interesting and good value for new build;

http://ryanburnsrodrestorations.webs.com/neweconomyrods.htm

• Like 1

It's never a 'six', let's put it back