Who is fishing ?

BobH

Had a very rare Dorset Frome brace today; a 2-8 grayling and a 2-8 chub, may have lost another chub as well. That's only my 4th Frome chub in 45 years!

• Like 1

Wow - I was just saying on Tuesday that tis a pity there's no chub in the Frome - some of the swims we were fishing screamed chub!

C.

Whose water do you fish? I've heard of chub coming out from Wool to Wareham, mostly small. I also heard of a 1lb barbel recently. My best chub is 4-12 which was my first one after 42 years on the Frome in Feb 2012; the second one - 3-8 - turned up less than two hours later. The dace and roach fishing used to be stupendous at one time. The Wareham monsters may hit the headlines but a long time since the days of double-figure bags every weekend.

Whose water do you fish? I've heard of chub coming out from Wool to Wareham, mostly small. I also heard of a 1lb barbel recently. My best chub is 4-12 which was my first one after 42 years on the Frome in Feb 2012; the second one - 3-8 - turned up less than two hours later. The dace and roach fishing used to be stupendous at one time. The Wareham monsters may hit the headlines but a long time since the days of double-figure bags every weekend.

Out of interest Mark,

How do Barbel get into such a water ?

Bob

I have a theory that is increasingly backed by the facts that someone (or a group) has been quietly seeding a number of South Coast chalkstreams with chub and barbel. The Exe, Frome, Test and Itchen have all seen increasing populations of, first, chub, and now barbel, over the last few years.

I have a theory that is increasingly backed by the facts that someone (or a group) has been quietly seeding a number of South Coast chalkstreams with chub and barbel. The Exe, Frome, Test and Itchen have all seen increasing populations of, first, chub, and now barbel, over the last few years.

Mark,

I think that's really sad, why oh why do these people do these things ?

Back in the 60tys we knew no better, but now there is no excuse, changing the biodiversity of a river can't be a good thing ?

I would love some Grayling fishing nearer home, but I certainly don't mind traveling the 100 odd miles for my Grayling and that should apply to any non indigenous species of fish.

Bob