Special fish

poledark

beautiful fish Den, not often we get to see a fish like that and by the sounds of it a very fitting end of a good week

Great looking fish Den.

Ive only ever caught small Koi's,Ghosties etc.Is there any truth in the rumour that they arnt as strong fighters as King carp? (not that it would bother me one jot as they are so good looking!)

Ive caught several "ornemental" trout ie "Blue" and "Golden" neither have fought much compared to normal rainbows but the Golds are notoriously difficult to get to take as being so visable they see mor flies chucked at them than the other trout!

I've caught quite a few Ghosties/Koi Budgie & can support Den's statement. Almost without exception they have been harder fighters.

I think a big part of it, is the fact that in general the Ornamentals are bred for shape rather than the max amount of weight in the shortest time.

Whilst I know Den's fish is not in this bracket, mine have tended to be lean, solid & very very quick off the mark!!

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Hee, Hee, Hee...got two more yesterday evening :)

Not Koi, but almost as welcome...on a bit of a roll at the moment..

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

That's a superb looking fish.

Generally, for fish up to low doubles I think that commons tend to fight harder than mirrors, and ghost commons fight hardest of all.

Newt, the shading on the head is fairly standard on ghost carp and adds to their "ghostliness" when seen just below the surface as in combination with their light colouration it breaks up their profile.

Nice one Den - cracking fish

Budgie - I have caught loads of koi / koi hybrids / ghosties from several Suffolk waters and they fight just as hard - if not harder the king carp.

My PB ghostie of 18lb lead me a merry dance of over 20 mins on an avon type rod and 8lb line straight through.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!