Photo Challenge #19: Wildlife and Nature

Steve Randles

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jaybee

Charlie I got some far better shots the day after when the sun actually came out. ( all the shots not on a plain blank background - would have worked better if there had been any clouds in the sky to reflect in the pond :( )

Take a look at

http://northeastwildlife.co.uk/gallery/thu...s.php?album=279

Select whatever you want and email me the reference numbers - I'll then put full sized 300dpi shots up for you to download.

Edited by Jaybee

Charlie I got some far better shots the day after when the sun actually came out. ( all the shots not on a plain blank background - would have worked better if there had been any clouds in the sky to reflect in the pond :( )

Take a look at

http://northeastwildlife.co.uk/gallery/thu...s.php?album=279

Select whatever you want and email me the reference numbers - I'll then put full sized 300dpi shots up for you to download.

Absolutely brilliant photos Jaybee - I adore Kingfishers, but never seem to have the time to get out their and get some shots like yours.

I purchased a Canon 100-400mm L lens last year specifically for Kingfisher shots - but they all come out rubbish due to my boat rocking.

I would dearly love numbers 43/48 45/48 47/48 - would it be possible to e-mail the original photos. I can do whatever needs to be done croping, sharpening, or editing wise.

What I would like to do, is have all three photos in one frame.

I know a really good picture framer in Norwich.

Your shots would take pride of place Jaybee.

I collect all types of Kingfisher Jaybee.

K1.jpg

K2.jpg

K3.jpg

K4.jpg

Sorry about photo quality, they were taken on the quick!

Edited by Charlie Bettell

Do not get too cocky people,new kid on the block may kick some ass :P only joking :headhurt: Looks like I will be getting an Olympus MJU 7 next month.

Please be patient with me as know nothing about photography !!! Basically I am buying it purely for "fish shots" and general scenery stuff. :)

Because I do fish at "odd" hours may have a decent sunrise/sunset/wildlife snap tp post up. All advice taken on board. Cheers team :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

I put that kingfisher shot as my desktop wallpaper with a very deep blue border around it and it looks awesome, the darker colour really brings out the plumage on the bird.

My Top 3.

Jans Grasshopper

Jaybees Kingfisher

Peters Cheeky Chaff

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

I see me & Peter are currently neck & neck in the poll [insert biting nails smiley here] - Good luck in the voting Peter & also to NurseJudy.

Well done to all those who entered, I was surprised my Curlew made the final three ahead of Jaybees Kingfisher, which to me is really something special & would've got my vote with no hesitation. I suppose we all look at things differently though, I note Dan's also listed his top 3 & again the kingfisher's not in there either, so like I say, we all have our own particular favourites.

Unlucky Jaybee, that would've looked good on a mousemat.

BTW Steve - are the fine people at Printbiz still sponsoring this comp & sending the winner their photo on a mousemat & coaster?