Dudley West Midlands looking for somwhere close.

megocorp

Hi all,

Help needed please from any locals. I have been fishing at Himley Hall recently and all are saying its dead! i'm just starting out so put it down to that but after two days and only a couple of nibbles its not good.

Everyone around me is saying how terrible it is atm so its peeing me off, i dont know if its me or the fish.

So looking for a good venue close by thats well stocked to practice on etc. Some young chap who i spoke to at Himley said there is a place called north something which is down past Wombourne way just keep going, 14 pools hes always caugh there were his last words.

Anyone know the name of this place is it any good?...anyone know any other good places local to sedgley dudley gornal himley etc etc

Thanks for reading

Steve

The Severn........

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I fished Himley a month ago, caught tench around the 3lb mark, crucians to 2lb, roach, perch. What is fishing poorly ? What are you fishing for? i guess carp, if thats so are you in the night syndicate. As also offered the severn is just down the road what more could a guy want, i live away from the severn now and still travel a couple of times a year to fish it.

Im only going off my two days of four to five hours and what others are saying, im a beginner so dont have much experience.

I was generally looking to fish a few different spots around where i live.

I honestly dont know how to get to the river severn from my area???? may sound daft i suppose to some.

The pools originally referred to were probably Kingsnordley. They are what we call 'commercials' and for a beginner such as yourself are probably an excellent place to start.

As far as Sedgley (that's where I am from), Gornal and the surrounding area is concerned, there's not that much really. In fact in the whole of Sedgley there isn't one single fishing venue.

The local canal network is Ok, but plan your visits to miss the boat trafic at this time of the year. You've got urban pools such as the Donkey Pool (Wrens Nest), Tipton Park, Warrens Hall and so on, but if you do have transport then you may want to consider travelling a little further afield.

Depending on how far you do want to travel, take a look at the BAA site at www.baa.uk.com as there is some decent enough water at an excellent price. Ideally suited for beginners.

Check out my weekly Angling Journal at.....Stewart Bloor's Angling Journal