Fishing widows

MordenMike

After a long and only moderate days fishing I was seated in our lounge with my dear wife when the conversation turned as it often does to the more important matters that affect our life at the moment. Our only son is due to go to university in a few weeks time and we are also contemplating moving house and area later this year. In a momentary pause in the conversation I was asked whilst gazing (apparently) in deep thought through the lounge window “what are you thinking about?” my wife asked, assuming I was considering our lives impending changes. I replied “ I’m not sure whether to hair rig pellets or use a bait band”. There was what I can only describe as a disappointed sigh followed by a muttered obscenity!

So, do the rest of you have understanding partners or do they think you’ll grow out of it some day ?

Mike

(Ps which is the best ? bait band or hair rig ?)

After a long and only moderate days fishing I was seated in our lounge with my dear wife when the conversation turned as it often does to the more important matters that affect our life at the moment. Our only son is due to go to university in a few weeks time and we are also contemplating moving house and area later this year. In a momentary pause in the conversation I was asked whilst gazing (apparently) in deep thought through the lounge window “what are you thinking about?” my wife asked, assuming I was considering our lives impending changes. I replied “ I’m not sure whether to hair rig pellets or use a bait band”. There was what I can only describe as a disappointed sigh followed by a muttered obscenity!

So, do the rest of you have understanding partners or do they think you’ll grow out of it some day ?

Mike

i would band

get the misses to band you up a load the night before whilst you watch the days football on the tv.

i would love an understanding wife like that, you are so lucky.

mine would of thrown the remote at me lol.

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Mike

There are many issues here -

Will the hook flip over against the pellet and mask the point?

Is the son actually leaving home, or will he be back after 3 years at Uni and live with you for the next 10 years till he gets a wife who knows how to make boilies?

Have you yet learned to be a cordon bleu chef, ace gardener and pro decorator so your wife knows she doesn't dare argue too much about your fishing habits?

Have you told her lately her bum looks fantastic in that new dress?

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Perhaps I'm spoilt but Peggy has no objection to my going fishing. Perhaps it's because I don't go as often as many of my friends. Additionally, until Peggy retired from teaching friends all knew that Sunday was always "Peggy's Day" - my choice not her's. The only exception were special events like shows I had to attend or Wingham Fish-Ins. Indeed, Peggy would come with me to the shows, and still does the BBQs each time at Wingham. On the other hand I go with Peggy to all her glass fairs.

If there's a choice between fishing and family then family will always come first. There's always another day to go fishing, but there's not always another to see family.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Perhaps I'm spoilt but Peggy has no objection to my going fishing. Perhaps it's because I don't go as often as many of my friends. Additionally, until Peggy retired from teaching friends all knew that Sunday was always "Peggy's Day" - my choice not her's. The only exception were special events like shows I had to attend or Wingham Fish-Ins. Indeed, Peggy would come with me to the shows, and still does the BBQs each time at Wingham. On the other hand I go with Peggy to all her glass fairs.

If there's a choice between fishing and family then family will always come first. There's always another day to go fishing, but there's not always another to see family.

awww so sweet.

i wish i had a life like that, but I'm sorry to say that fishing has grabbed be by the shorts and i feel family can fill in the gaps in-between my adventures.

a selfish pig it has turned me into i suppose.

but there are no detox clinic's for addicted anglers.

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Guest Jan V

Well said, Steve. Newt will always put me first but I also have no problem with him going fishing if I would rather stay home. How many husbands can say their wife spent a 2 week holiday in the UK fishing (most of the time raining)? Newt can. We share common interests but he does fish on his own and I have "nights out with the girls" for dinner and maybe a chick flick. It goes both ways.

speaking will only end up with arguments take my word ,when asked to your thoughts the words "mind your own business woman its mans thoughts ,go and make tea" would have stopped it before any ill feeling could have raised its ugly head :rolleyes:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

speaking will only end up with arguments take my word ,when asked to your thoughts the words "mind your own business woman its mans thoughts ,go and make tea" would have stopped it before any ill feeling could have raised its ugly head :rolleyes:

LMAO :lol::lol::lol:

With my silken line and delicate hook,i wander in a myriad of ripples and find freedom!

Thanks for that piece of advice Chester1.....I now need to change my shirt and put cream on my

second degree burns !