Skegness

Casey

Fishing in the Skegness area - well there is plenty!

Skegness Way

- Sycamore Lakes (Burgh Le Marsh - never fished, looks nice though)

- Tetford Holiday Cottages (Nr. Horncastle - we do a bit with them and it is a very nice venue).

- Wainfleet Drains - Pike territory. Mackerel works well there float fished mid-water. Go right through wainfleet, over the level crossing, and right to the back end and you come to a bridge (i.e. Spilsby side, not skegness side). Fish the side which goes on seemingly for miles. Some good fish there, but don't take too much gear and be prepared to walk. Can fish hard - if it's boiling hot don't bother!

Alford/Louth

- Belleau Lakes (carp, but mainly bream from our trips)

- Aby Lake (shallow carp lake, including ghosties - some big old fish there)

- Authorpe Lake (big fish - 25lb possible - eels/bream - reports are it fishes hard during the day, but good evening pond).

- Jim Clarkes Pond (Great Carlton) - Good fast fishing - not huge carp (some big fish), but lots of mid-range carp to be had.

- Vickers Pond (Saltfleetby) - reportedly fishing well (we've not been this year)

- Alvingham Pond - Gary has been fishing this extensively for the past fortnight with results - take pegs 1 or 2 on the main lake, and a margin pole is a very handy tool here! Meat is the bait of choice, corn as a backup.

- Oasis (North Somercotes)

- Oham Lakes (Maltby Le Marsh)

Another River

- Saltfleetby Drains. Head to Saltfleetby and then towards the coast following the main road up past the Prussian Queen pub. You'll eventually come to a crossing. Left to Saltfleet, Right to Mablethorpe and straight over to a 'beach' approach rod. Go over, and park up. The drains between there and Saltfleet fish very well for PIKE ONLY. Deadbaits work well, Lamprey being our bait of choice there. It can be a wait and see venue, but we've found plugs and spinners don't do that well. It's lean on silvers so a good bloody bait tends to pull the pike in.

Finally you have the best bit of beach fishing not too far from you - Huttoft/Moggs Eye are probably not bad places to be at this time of year. Shop reports peeler is the bait of choice, and you'll probably want a beachcaster suitable for throwing 4oz out.

Ian W

Zen, finish work in the morning then going temorra lunch time, drop me daughter and her mates off at Manchester Airport then struggle ( dont know me way but I'll enjoy the scenery :lol: ) across to Skegness till Saturday. :)

I'll be like a Zombie come Saturday afternoon. <_<

Zen, finish work in the morning then going temorra lunch time, drop me daughter and her mates off at Manchester Airport then struggle ( dont know me way but I'll enjoy the scenery :lol: ) across to Skegness till Saturday. :)

I'll be like a Zombie come Saturday afternoon. <_<

Thinkin of takin the Denton, Hyde A628 route, M1, Worksop, East Markham, Dunham, Lincoln, A158 trail,

will I encounter any Indians on the way? :(