littler louts

markp

Just been down the river this morning and found the place a utter pig stye, is it the same where you fish? Just look at the state of it! And it wasnt just the 1 peg the whole of the river seems to be in the same state. If youve carried the stuff down there full whats wrong with carrying it back when its empty!!!!!!!{not that im finger pointing or anything}

post-9212-1155122210_thumb.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It really makes me wonder just what these mindless morons get out of a day out on the riverbank.

Paul

It's a total mystery to me how anyone can be that thick and thoughtless.

There is an area on the B. Avon outside Bath that's jam-packed with picnickers and swimmers in good weather. Many leave their sh#te strewn around, many more bag it up and leave it in the tiny dead-end lane that is the car access. People who live down there have had to put up signs pointing out that the council don't (can't) do refuse collections in the lane cos it's too narrow. Still the tw#ts leave their muck ...

Mind-boggling and makes me s#dding angry :angry:

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Quite a few people in the Stoke-on-Trent area have been stung recently with on-the-spot fines for dropping litter. I don't know if this has any impact on their longer term behaviour (fining doesn't seem to have much effect on repeat offenders when it comes to speeding or illegal parking), but it's hard to know what else to try.

Decimating the packaging industry and selling everything in brown paper bags might be a start...

It's a total mystery to me how anyone can be that thick and thoughtless.

Me too.

However it's a widespread problem and unfortunately by the law of averages a proportion of posters on here are likely to be culprits on their local patch. Please note though that I'm not accusing any individual member! In fact, I'd like to think that as a result of such topics Forum members are more litter conscious than most anglers.

Additionally, my own experience is that anglers are tidier than the general public. Certainly that's the case on my own fisheries at Wingham. The only litter I ever find around the lakes is the very occasional cigarette butt. On the other hand we're always having to pick up litter on the public footpath - including on two occasions disposable nappies!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

The only answer is that being adopted by several local councils - zero tolerance - drop so much as a cigarette end or piece of gum and get slapped with a fifty quid fine. Once it gets drummed into the general public that dropping litter is wrong (and expensive), the fisheries will have no more problems.

The problem (as ever) is one of policing. Councils might be able to afford a limited period of "blitzing" problem areas, but they won't be able to keep it up.

The hospital where I'm based introduced a "Smoke-free" policy for the buildings and grounds in April, but there are still carpets of fag-ends outside every building entrance, simply because there aren't the funds to enforce it.

And it's no good relying on people's better nature, is it? :(

including on two occasions disposable nappies!

I blame those immigrunts!

Seriously though this is a real problem, I picked up a lot of discarded line the other day. We can all imagine the headlines if a swan gets caught in discarded tackle.

However it’s not just us fisher folk, I too have found disposable nappies in a favourite swim on the Thames.

Rich

The problem (as ever) is one of policing. Councils might be able to afford a limited period of "blitzing" problem areas, but they won't be able to keep it up.

The hospital where I'm based introduced a "Smoke-free" policy for the buildings and grounds in April, but there are still carpets of fag-ends outside every building entrance, simply because there aren't the funds to enforce it.

And it's no good relying on people's better nature, is it? :(

i always find this "affording" "funding" and "cost" strange ,not only the council but other government departments ,its the litter pickers who pick up litter and cleaners etc that clean ,but these people are paid whether they sit on their bums all day or work ,the cost doesent change <_<

the council says it cost £xx amount to remove a settee (for example) but the employees that remove it cost the same if they sat drinking tea :rolleyes:

a "blitz " costs exactly the same except the employees concentrate in one place! the cost of the employee remains the same :rolleyes:

only when outside contractors are used does the cost go up ,but ofcourse thats down to the council not employing enough council staff.

the amount of frontline staff lost is huge ,even as a kid each park had a "parky" and most had assistants ,the cost then was affordable (in those hard times) but now office staff are the biggest drain on resourses ,all the "workers" are long gone! those that remain do the job best they can but the cutbacks always ensure its the worst paid that go not the idiots on large salaries that do bugger all :angry:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest Brumagem Phil

The trouble IMO is the yoof of today isnt punished in a meaningful way. Those caught graffiting should do 4 weeks of graffiti cleaning (bloody hard work I can tell you!).

How about those caught littering being sent for a week with a council crew to pick up litter.

Its a punishment but also teaches them why and gives them a sense of worth............well thats the idea anyway, but even if it doesnt work for em all its got to be better than slapping a fine on them which they either steal to pay or gets paid for em by mum and dad.