littler louts

markp

pity the poor bailiff that has to cram other peoples rubbish into their dustbin ,its hard enough getting your own in with fortnightly collections never mind other peoples.

luckily my local lake has a minute litter problem but i sympathise with bailiffs with large litter problems ,the difference is my local doesent have carp (stand by for flack) so no overnighters etc.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems to me there is a somewhat large number of so called anglers who think t normal practise to leave all their crap behind them purely and simply because tey cannot be arsed to take it home or dispose of it responsibly.

You cannot just blame the young uns either. I have many times walked passed pegs on the way to my peg and stopped and chatted to middle aged and even elderly anglers. At the end of my session I have then walked past the vacated peg to find rubbish strewn along the bank.

We do ourselves no favours as anglers, it is one of the main bones of contention the members of the public have against the sport we enjoy and love.

We call ourselves the eyes and ears of the waterside, not very convincing is it when the general public are confronted by obvious angling rubbish! :angry:

pity the poor bailiff that has to cram other peoples rubbish into their dustbin ,its hard enough getting your own in with fortnightly collections never mind other peoples.

luckily my local lake has a minute litter problem but i sympathise with bailiffs with large litter problems ,the difference is my local doesent have carp (stand by for flack) so no overnighters etc.

I agree, It is mostly those that night fish, especially on stillwaters.(it is on our waters anyway) Only last week I helped clear away 8 large bin liners full of rubbish, even the net dip tanks had litter put into them. Some had a smell so vile that I'm sure they contained human excrement.

It has become so much of a problem at the water that we are considering installing a camera and video recorder just to find the culprits.

Tight Lines,

Wearyone

I've encountered rubbish on the riverbank before & I generally try to take it home with me.

What I'm confused about is what we're supposed to do with all the rubbish when we get it home ... is discarded nylon line black bin, or blue bin? and what about cleaning fish out for food? every time I clean a fish these days I have to put the off-cuts into the freezer and then transfer to the black bin one day prior to collection ... otherwise things start to grow out of the black bin ...

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

as the secretary of an angling club i am often asked why we dont have bins on our waters.

they get the same reply...................can you see any littler here? if we put bins out people would leave their rubbish, as there are no bins the rubbish gets taken home.

in the last 10 years the most rubbish we have collected when we have cleared the swins and tidied the banks is 1/2 a black bags worth, this is on a stretch of water over 2miles long.most of this has blown off the motorway that is nearby.

we have the advantage that there is no public access to the water other than a few dog walkers who have permission off the landowner.

if you run a water that has no public access REMOVE THE LITTLER BINS.