Question to the forum: Carp Tips?

Julian

Hi all,

Can anybody help with this visitors question to the forum?

The Visitor has been directed to this thread so could any answers / help be posted below. Cheers, Julian.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi anglers,

I’m Mark (15) and I’m looking for carp tips. I’d like to find out the best ways to fish a pool with a reedy bed I’ve tried popping up a boilie but it does not seem to work?

Thanks, Mark Jones

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

I think it's a little simplistic to say pop up didn't work. How long did you fish for ? Did you actually fish to carp or did you just fish any spot ?

The secret is to find the fish or better still find where they will feed. If fish are in the swim then try freelining a single bait to them (boilie, sweetcorn, maggots, lobworm etc). If you fish a bit further out or fish aren't in the swim then put in a bit of bait and fish over that. I prefer fishing over some hemp in the margins or wherever and put put in some crumbled boilies in with it or a small catapult pouchful - no more than a dozen baits is my preference.

I have never fished a water where pop ups don't work, but I prefer bottom baits.

The carp should cruise around the reeds but you need to find out exactly where so watch them as much as you can.

Rob.

Adding to Robs reply.

Another way of tackling weedy waters is to use rig foam. The buoyancy of the foam allows a relatively light bait to gently fall through the water and settle on top of the weed.

There is one way I can recomend, use a pva bag, a helicopter rig, put some foam in the bag this will show you when the bag has melted plus help the bag to settle lightly. Or use pva string to make a horse shoe shape with the boilies on the string, here to put some foam on the string and the hook link, remember to leave a little space between the boilies so the sting can melt.

Roger