Sounds Like Blackmail

This was on BBC News 24 last night and is now on the BBC site.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4785893.stm

Having listen to what this chap said it was nothing more than blackmail from where I am sat, what do you think?

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Yep. I read it last night and it annoyed me somewhat.

I don't agree with alot of what this government does, including parts of it's foreign policy, but it doesn't make me want to go and commit mass murder!!!!

It seems a pretty poor excuse to me and I agree a nasty whiff of blackmail. <_<

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

He said he was worried that, although the letter was "expressed in very moderate terms", there was "a danger it might give some comfort to the kind of people who say: 'Well, change your foreign policy or we'll blow you up'".

I think I can agree with that

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Can't see it myself.

This seems pretty unambiguous to me'

As British Muslims we urge you to do more to fight against all those who target civilians with violence, whenever and wherever that happens..............Attacking civilians is never justified.

What are they threatening to do if the government doesn't change it's policy?

There has to be some sort of threat for there to be any blackmail, and personally I can't see any in that letter.

Edited by ayjay

I did watch a Moslem "spokesman" on the news last night who reminded me a lot of Derek Hatton ... standard operational b.s. and wouldn't answer a straight question. Wouldn't condemn killing innocents or admit that even active Moslem terrorists were 'condemnable', if that's even a word. He waffled on about not "being able" to condemn a "brother". Pure filth.

But, back to the point :

'MP Sadiq Khan, who signed the letter, said British foreign policy was seen by many as unfair and unjust. "Whether we like it or not such a sense of injustice plays into the hands of extremists," he said.'

seems quite reasonable to me, in as much as it's true. British foreign policy in the Middle East stinks to high heaven.

As ye sow, so shall ye reap.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

I did watch a Moslem "spokesman" on the news last night who reminded me a lot of Derek Hatton ... standard operational b.s. and wouldn't answer a straight question. Wouldn't condemn killing innocents or admit that even active Moslem terrorists were 'condemnable', if that's even a word. He waffled on about not "being able" to condemn a "brother". Pure filth.

But, back to the point :

'MP Sadiq Khan, who signed the letter, said British foreign policy was seen by many as unfair and unjust. "Whether we like it or not such a sense of injustice plays into the hands of extremists," he said.'

seems quite reasonable to me, in as much as it's true. British foreign policy in the Middle East stinks to high heaven.

As ye sow, so shall ye reap.

But is that a good enough reason for people to go about blowing up trains, busses and planes? This is the bottom line of the letter and that guy who did the interview was exactly as stated above and also claiming to be a voice for British moslems.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I'm sorry but it's the same old argument.

If they don't get what they want they shout and scream, play the race card and generally kick off until they get their own way.

With what has happened during the past week I feel they would do themselves more favours by keeping their heads down until the fanatical Muslim news blows over.

I'm afraid feelings are high toward many Muslims, in many cases due to ignorance.

By spouting off about demanding special treatment for Muslims, they are playing straight into the far rights arms.

But is that a good enough reason for people to go about blowing up trains, busses and planes? ....

Of course not.

But a sense of injustice that goes deep enough can drive even rational people potty.

This might sound daft as a comparison, but - there's a bloke I saw on TV who has called himself 'The Chislehurst Hosepipe Man' or something. So enraged by the water companies obscene profits and obscene uselessness at stopping water leaks that he invited news people round to film him watering his garden with a hose in broad daylight.

Daft? OTT? Maybe. But he was in a rage.

Imagine the same bloke knowing his kids are getting bullied at school and nobody at the school is helping them. Eventually, and pushed far enough might he take direct action against the 14-year old bullies? A lot of people might. Plenty of people here recommend "direct action" against riverbank muggers, antis etc, no? They could just walk away, phone the police ....

Imagine a Lebanese seeing his relatives being told to move out of their homes, then killed by rockets on the road while they're following those exact orders. He/She might be so enraged they decide to join Hisbollah and get some "justice", even if it's at the butt-end of a gun.

Imagine an Afghani watching Reagan funding the Mujahadeen to help kick out the Russians, then seeing the West invade and devastate the country, and their bombs killing his family, to kick out the very same Mujahadeen. More terrorist recruits, tyvm.

Every single one of us could be reduced to "terrorism" if we were driven far enough. We ignore that fact at our own peril.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

I agree with those who see this as an unhelpful letter, all it does is highlight divisions within British society. To be honest, I can see how people can see elements of justification for the extremists in this letter.

Of course it's hard to argue against the critiscms of our foreign policy, our present government is as inept abroad as it is at home! But when very public statements are made by the Muslim community it never seems to occur to them to start with an outright & specific condemnation of the barbarous activities of Muslim terrorists, which would go a long way to reassuring the general public that the Muslim authorites do not have a hidden agenda.

The fact that the signatories are all Muslim organisations critiscing foreign policy, is damaging to the general publics view of their desire to integrate.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.