I can't afford a 350 D

phil dean

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have one of those memory card reader things, you could also do it like that.

When I got mine from Tony, he'd forgotten to pack the lead at first. I just whacked the card in my little Nikon and got my photos like that :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

When I got mine from Tony, he'd forgotten to pack the lead at first. I just whacked the card in my little Nikon and got my photos like that :D

So where are the results then Elton??? Dont be shy, we promise we wont laugh . . . much :lol:

:ph34r:

FWIW i own a 20D, a couple of reasonable lenses that cost over £300 each and a speedlight flash yet i still take my G6 or S3 IS out with me more as they are much more convenient and much lighter. My 20D as lovely as it is is best left for weddings, sports and special events.

These were my first shots using the Canon Powershot S3 IS, http://alnath.fotopic.net/c1047434_1.html i am very happy with it as it is well ballanced and very speedy for a compact.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been hunting, I can get a 300X (is this the same much worse?) for £320 with both a 28 -55 lens and a 55-300 lense.

I can't seem to find a 300D

I have found a finepix 9500 and the reviews seem to put it behind the 350 but ahead of the s3i.

What do others think of that camera?

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

The more I look the more I'm thinking that I may have to steal a 350D.

I'm seeing them with the 18-55 lense for £449, add a 1gb card (£60) and a 55 - 230 lense for £99 (it's a sigma which used to be good, I assume that they still are)

and I'm a cool few hundred quid over budget.

i have therefor decided that my future lies in a life of crime and all because of photography. I can see the headlines now

"promising lawyer pushed into seedy world of crime for the sake of a camera".

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Phil, 7 Day Shop are doing memory cards at very competitive prices. For instance 2Gb cards start at £17.99. For Compact Flash cards go to http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/default.ph...&r=20060811

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Thanks Steve,

I ws reading that there is a major problem of slower flash cards being sold as, predominantly, San disc cards, over the net so I've been a little afraid of dealing with companies I do not know.

your efforts to keep me away from a life of crime is, however, appreciated. I will write to you from my cell.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

The necessary criminal activity has taken place,

70-300 sigma lense £103

Canon EOS 350D £434.50

Free acceccory bag £0 (it's free)

all from Jessops.

The wife is going to kill me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(btw discount codes for jessops, summer 10,15 and 20 give you 10, 15 and 20 pound discounts respectively, the camera qualified for the £15 discount., VC10 then gave me 10% off camera equipment, knocking the lense down by £11.50 (it doesn't apply to SLRs))

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY