Editing Fun #1

Steve Randles

This is "Editing Fun" and here is how it works.

I've posted a Photograph and the people in the list below and in that order do one thing to it in photoshop and repost it for the next person in the list to make their edit and so on. Most edits can be done quickly but you each have 24 hours to edit and repost (to allow for those not at their computer). Its for fun and possible teaching so if you can write a brief description of what you have done it would be good. Picture you post must still resemble the original.

edit.jpg

The order to edit is as follows:

wirral sea fishing

MrWiggly

nursejudy

Finepix

Hellbelly

corydoras

Steve Randles

Its an open thread for others to comment on and possibly say you want to be involved in further "Editing Fun"

Have fun!!

Steve...:)

Edited by Steve Randles

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Steve ...

When we edit, do we all edit the original picture, then describe what we have done?

Or do we edit the edit of the guy before us ??? :unsure::unsure:

The Older I get .. The better I was.

just worked it out Thursday should be my turn, thank god its my day off...this will be my first foray into the depths of photoshop so please be gentle with the criticism :headhurt::headhurt::headhurt:

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Well here is my attempt.....

I reckon you can tell what i have done to the original :lol:

the pictures of both the sheep and the lamb were cut away from larger images, both given transparant backgrounds and then added into picture, then scaled down; looking at it again and if i had more time i would have taken a little more care.

Good Luck Mr Wiggly

anglersnet1.jpg

Edited by wirral sea fishing

Ok .... We now have the makings of what could be a nice picture.

But it lacks that little bit of "zing" ....... Yes ?? A bit "flat" maybe ??

So ... we reach for the "Sharpen" tool .... yes ? Hang on !! ...... Lets try another way !!

Let's go to the layers Pallet (bottom Right) where we can see our "background" layer . If we put our pointer on the background layer and hold down the left mouse button we can then drag the background layer down to the second icon from the right at the bottom of the layers pallet. If we now let go of the mouse button we have created a "duplicate layer". This is named "background copy" Notice that this layer is dark blue .. which shows that it is the "active" layer. Still with me ?? :rolleyes:

We now got to "filter" (top of screen) and from the drop down menu select "other" , then "high pass". Move the little arrow until you have a pixel radius of 1.0 pixels.. then click "OK".

We now need to blend these two layers together. In your layers pallet(bottom right) you will see a little window that says "normal". Click on the little arrow at the side of this, and from the drop down menu select "overlay" .

Your picture is now a combination of two layers. If you click the little eye on the left of your "backgound copy" this will switch that layer on and off , and you can see the effect that your high pass filter has on the original picture.

Looks a bit better .... Yes ?? :)

All we need to do now is "flatten" these two layers together. Let's go up to "layers"(Top of screen) and from the menu select "flatten image". The two layers are now "flattened" together to make one layer, which is our finished image.

We now need to save our new image. Go to File/Save As. Lets call it "Anglersnet3"( or 4 or 5 etc,). Save it as a "medium size" file.

And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, is how to use the "High Pass" filter !!!!! Have a play with it and see how you get on !!

Job done !!! :clap2::clap2:

p.s. Good luck NurseJudy !!! Take it nice and slowly !! :thumbs::thumbs:

anglersnet2.jpg

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Oh dear ....

I hate being first :-(

Well someone had to be.:)

Anyway, now that we have a list I figured that if we keep this going then for the second one you would post the first photograph and your name would go to the bottom of the list, as would anyone else who wanted to join in in future etc etc.

Good start though, and great descriptions of what was done..

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Guest Finepix

Can I be a pain in the arse and swap with Hellbelly?? I'm away all day (and probably most of the early hours) Saturday and it's my Birthday Friday (don't be embarrassed to forward any cards and gifts :lol: ) so I'll probably be away from the pc then aswell ................ ta